Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SquattingDuk
Hi i just recently bought a 70' 914 and im trying to restore it slowly.....But it has a lot of goofy wiring problems. The turn signals work in front but dont flash.....and turn on the taillights....the brakes turn on the brakes and reverse lights the fog lights dont turn on the horn doesn't work and the windsheild wiper knob seems to be pretty jammed.....if anyone knows the wiring diagram for the tailights that would be a big help. Also if anyone knows why the turn signals dont flash they just turn on....
Mueller
in the Haynes manual you can trace the wiring (or do a search here, it's been posted)

have you checked to make sure your flasher relay works??

jd74914
If a '71 is wired exactly like a '70, pelican has a working color diagram at this page

Pelican's Electrical Diagrams
Rand
Before you get too deep into the wiring, thoroughly clean all of the bulb contacts and ground connections. I found a lot of corrosion in my rear light assemblies. Had to take one completely apart to get everything clean with sandpaper and WD40, but all my gremlins went away when I was done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.