Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Super Preservation Coating for your Transmission Case!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

My 911 CW friend just had his transmission rebuilt and it came back beautifully cleaned & coated with a product from VW-Audi called "Preservation Wax" (P/N AKR32321M154)

I haven't seen it yet & he is a CW nut case w00t.gif I'll will take a photo in a few weeks, but this is something 914-CW guys should check out. stirthepot.gif

Anyone know anything about this product???

Tom
Mark Henry
I have a case here done in Gibbs oil, a lot of guys use it, looks good, dark gray.
gcrotvik
Looking forward to seeing pictures! I need to have my case cleaned and want it to stay new looking.

Greg
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 31 2018, 05:39 PM) *

I have a case here done in Gibbs oil, a lot of guys use it, looks good, dark gray.

I’ve used Gibbs and had good luck with it but I was referred to this and like it better. Definitely smells stronger than Gibbs as noticed by the wife. It got ugly for a minute when she pulled into the garage.
altitude411
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 31 2018, 03:25 PM) *

Hey Guys,

My 911 CW friend just had his transmission rebuilt and it came back beautifully cleaned & coated with a product from VW-Audi called "Preservation Wax" (P/N AKR32321M154)

I haven't seen it yet & he is a CW nut case w00t.gif I'll will take a photo in a few weeks, but this is something 914-CW guys should check out. stirthepot.gif

Tom

Interested in this but google shows nothing by that name or PN. confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 31 2018, 10:58 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 31 2018, 03:25 PM) *

Hey Guys,

Tom

Interested in this but google shows noting by that name or PN. confused24.gif

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/acf50.php

You might have missed the "a" ?
altitude411
... humm Mike, not sure how you got to ACF-50 from the PN shown in the OP but ACF-50 is neither a wax or a product from VW Audi.

* edit; maybe you had my post confused w/mepstein's post
Mueller
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 31 2018, 11:39 PM) *

... humm Mike, not sure how you got to ACF-50 from the PN shown in the OP but ACF-50 is neither a wax or a product from VW Audi.

* edit; maybe you had my post confused w/mepstein's post

Yes I was confused, sorry about that.
Mueller

Found larger container of it.

The part number ARK321M154 is 300ML

AKR321M1610 is 1 Liter

It is an undercoating wax.

https://parts.vw.com/p/WAX/53709791/AKR321M1610.html

mtndawg
This is timely as I need to put something on my recently cleaned and rebuilt transmission. Would like to see some photos...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.