Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Early Rear Trunk Insulator Pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
I need an early 914 rear trunk insulator pad for my build. It looks like the one below. (I grabbed a picture from the historical archives....) Looking for a nice one- all in one piece. Let me know what you have. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
Check with Garold Shaffer
mepstein
I’m picking up a ‘71 in two weeks. Origional owner seems to have kept all the parts to the car. If there is a pad there, it’s yours.
Cairo94507
Sweet! I will keep my fingers crossed. Same car might hopefully have a good mirror too? beerchug.gif
914Sixer
AA has reproductions.
burton73
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 1 2018, 04:57 AM) *

AA has reproductions.

While AA has new reproductions units, the look is new and off white. All the pads that I have seen where tan in color. This could have been ageing or the material they had back then was just that color like urethane foam plastic in natural color. The answer for that may be to spray a tint on it of a couple of colors. I have a lot of tints that I use for plastics. I would need to find some that look right. ( there is not a tan but a touch of brown) I had a big problem finding a good pad for #41 many years ago.

Bob B
914Sixer
OE ones were off white. They have changed color like all the other plastic parts.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 1 2018, 03:57 AM) *

AA has reproductions.

You talking about this AA pad? Lol!!

Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 1 2018, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 1 2018, 03:57 AM) *

AA has reproductions.

You talking about this AA pad? Lol!!

Click to view attachment

Yep that one. Too easy to just get a white one!
I do not remember what they looked like back in the day. My memory has turned yellow from age

Bob B
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 31 2018, 11:36 PM) *

Sweet! I will keep my fingers crossed. Same car might hopefully have a good mirror too? beerchug.gif

It will probably have the right mirror. If the pad is there but tired looking, I’d be happy to send it to 914rubber for reproduction.

I got an auto Atlanta front and rear trunk perlon kit in one of my cars. Brand new in the box with receipt. It was cut so crooked I thought it might be for another type of car but the receipt said 914.
Mikey914
The original were a off color tanish foam. And yes I can make am exact duplicate.
n2j2ryan
A bit unrelated but can someone tell me what that threaded hole between the two plastic plugs, as seen in the picture, is for.
mepstein
QUOTE(n2j2ryan @ Jun 5 2018, 01:12 AM) *

A bit unrelated but can someone tell me what that threaded hole between the two plastic plugs, as seen in the picture, is for.

You can also keep your spare tire in the rear trunk. Tire hold down bolt fits the threaded hole.
Cairo94507
I would not consider the AA pad. I could make that easy enough if that were the type I wanted. I am pretty disappointed my OE pad did not make it back with my car and it has not been found where my car was. It was stained and dirty, but it was all in one piece.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 4 2018, 08:53 PM) *

The original were a off color tanish foam. And yes I can make am exact duplicate.

I have one Mark if you need a template. I can stop it by the shop. I'd be interested in a good reproduction as well.

Greg
e_artiles

Would you consider making the full trunk insulator pad, like the ones that were on the '74 model?
raynekat
I would also like a good reproduction of this tan early rear trunk pad. Put me on the list please.
scallyk9
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Jun 5 2018, 11:34 AM) *

Would you consider making the full trunk insulator pad, like the ones that were on the '74 model?

Me too. I need two of them! I have good carpet but the pads are long gone.
Mikey914
I need to check if I have one in the 72. Otherwise, let’s catch up after WCR and I can get these in the works.
mphw
I would also like a good reproduction of this tan early rear trunk pad. Put me also on the list please.
jim_hoyland
Me too for the ‘75
Lucky9146
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Jun 5 2018, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(e_artiles @ Jun 5 2018, 11:34 AM) *

Me too. I need two of them! I have good carpet but the pads are long gone.

This is a great thread! I am always learning and I did not even know there ever was a pad so I would also like one for my 74. Oh wait! Since it is a GT conversion maybe I should shoot for an early one? biggrin.gif Looking forward to what ever gets made.
driving.gif white914.jpg
burton73
I could use 2 of these if they are tan in color.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.