Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring rate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
A friend of mine has a 914-6 Tribute. It has a 2.7 engine and he is thinking of going to a 3.2. It has stock torsion bars and rear springs (17.9 bars/ 100lb springs). This is a street car, what would be the spring rate of choice. Best, Mark
mepstein
140-180 for a street car. Depends if he thinks the current springs are a little soft or very soft. Some guys go higher than 180 but from where he is now, its probably a good range.
campbellcj
From what I've seen over the years, 180-200 seems to be the sweet spot for rear springs on upgraded streetable cars. 19-21 front t-bars. Obviously the whole suspension including swaybars needs to be addressed as a 'system'. Tires too - short/stiff sidewalls increase the effective spring rate.
mlindner
Thanks Mepstein and campbellcj. That information helps a lot. Best, Mark
Steve
140 Weltmeister or 150 Eibach 10” coilovers are optimum for a street car with stock front torsion bars. I ran 140’s with my 2.7 and 3.2 for years on the street. Not a harsh ride and still stiffer than stock for autocross.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.