Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Was trying to order manifold to head seal rings and OE exhaust nuts for my 1.8 from Pelican but just can't find the nuts on there web site. Do they just not sell them? Thanks for any and all insight on this. beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
I had a hard time finding these in the online catalog - but I found them.

Lock Nut, (Split Collar) - 8 X 1.25 mm (12 mm Hex)
Part #: 07190-M36
Dave_Darling
I'm not completely thrilled with some of the effects of the reorganization of the catalog.

I don't see any reference now to the aftermarket copper-coated nuts, where they used to be in the catalog. I did a search on the stock part number, and found the following:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...ion=039+256+297

At $15+ each, they're pretty darned expensive!

Ping Bruce Stone, he is in the Sales department and should be able to help out.

--DD
914Sixer
Check over on theSamba.com for the copper exhaust nuts. Same as the Bus and Beetle.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
R039256297. on our site
shane
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Jun 2 2018, 10:36 AM) *

I had a hard time finding these in the online catalog - but I found them.

Lock Nut, (Split Collar) - 8 X 1.25 mm (12 mm Hex)
Part #: 07190-M36

Thanks part number 07190-M36 looks correct .50 cents a piece looks good to me. aktion035.gif
nditiz1
Are these required? For my 2.0 I was just going to put on some new nuts and washers with copper anti seize. Is this not good enough confused24.gif
mepstein
I like the copper plated licking nuts. 12 mm head is much easier than 13mm. I buy a big bag on amazon or eBay.
nditiz1
Mark did you mean 8mm nuts? Those are the size of my exhaust studs.

Edit: You said the head of the nut...that makes sense
HAM Inc
Crimp nuts on exhaust studs are a disaster waiting to happen. They lock down on the stud, as designed, and when you try to remove them later they will very likely either pull the stud out of the head or strip the threads off the stud, which ever puts up the least resistance.

Regular nuts with copper anti seize torqued properly and then double nutted is the best approach.
TheCabinetmaker
What Len said. Learned that the hard way.
Drums66
......Porsche repair shops, are another good source idea.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.