Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension Swap Saturday June 9th:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_7T3
On Saturday June 9th ValcoOscar will be accommodating me with the use of his lift in Orange County to swap out the complete suspension on my car with a restored set up. The replacement set up was completely rebuilt by bdstone914 down to the last nut and bolt so we should have everything required to complete the project.

Heading up the project will be Larmo with the assistance of myself, Ravi, Oscar and possibly an appearance by bdstone914 for additional consultation.

At this point we are looking for two others that would like to join us for the day. Breakfast & lunch will be provided. Please PM me if interested and I can provide additional details.

If you would like to help out, but can't make the date, I will also be hosting a separte reassembly party in the near future. Thanks.

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
burton73
Jeffrey,

I know you have new parts up the kazoo but what did you do for replacing the rubber hockey puck at the rack?

Some people change out to solid plastic instead of rubber. Also, what are you using for the steering U-Joints. New ones?

Your car is going to be as close as a new one that I have seen restored.
WHAT ME WORRY!

Right on,

Bob B

914_7T3
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 2 2018, 03:02 PM) *

Jeffrey,

I know you have new parts up the kazoo but what did you do for replacing the rubber hockey puck at the rack?

Some people change out to solid plastic instead of rubber. Also, what are you using for the steering U-Joints. New ones?

Your car is going to be as close as a new one that I have seen restored.
WHAT ME WORRY!

Right on,

Bob B

Does this mean you will be joining us on Saturday? Its not like you have any projects of your own, right? lol-2.gif

Bruce actually hooked me up with a replacement puck and bearing in case mine comes out and proves to be unsuitable. As for the U-Joints, I have no plan... confused24.gif What would you do?

This is why I am losing sleep. sad.gif
abes914
I might be able to stop by and say hi and cheer on. I am not mechanically talented to give good advise. I’ll find out my kids swimming class schedule tomorrow.
And don’t worry, no need to feed me. I can bring beer or wine for breaks beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(abes914 @ Jun 2 2018, 04:35 PM) *

I might be able to stop by and say hi and cheer on. I am not mechanically talented to give good advise. I’ll find out my kids swimming class schedule tomorrow.
And don’t worry, no need to feed me. I can bring beer or wine for breaks beerchug.gif

yup Abe you should come and visit them. If I’m not busy, I would like to see Jeff’s car and it is just our neighbor where Oscar’s place is.
914_7T3
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 2 2018, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(abes914 @ Jun 2 2018, 04:35 PM) *

yup Abe you should come and visit them. If I’m not busy, I would like to see Jeff’s car and it is just our neighbor where Oscar’s place is.

Cool, feel free to come on down to cheer us on!
Tdskip
Interested and subscribing
Boomingbeetle
I think I would also like to make an appearance since I plan to do some suspension work on my own car in the near future. I’m already in South OC
rgalla9146
'breakfast & lunch will be provided'......airfare ?
I'd love to be there.......have fun
Ed_Turbo
I can help you out dude. Letting Oscar know right now...

Ed
914_7T3
Thanks to everyone who has responded. So far we have:

Larmo
Oscar
Myself
Booming Beetle
TD Skip
ED Turbo
SB914
kahluver

That should be more than enough support for this project. Turns out that 914-30Hemi has something else scheduled.

We will also hope to see Abe and Noel to check us out along with a possible appearance by bdstone914 himself. Should a great day!

smile.gif
Larmo63
I think I have to re-arrange my sock drawer that day.
sb914
What about me ?Click to view attachment
914_7T3
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 3 2018, 11:00 AM) *

You're In! I'll bring some extra parts projects so no one gets bored.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 3 2018, 10:52 AM) *

I think I have to re-arrange my sock drawer that day.

bs.gif You don't even wear socks!
kahluver
Hey guys,

Is it too late for me to join? If for no other reason than to bring a 3rd Marathon Blue 74 to the party.

I've done a couple of 911 front suspension rebuilds so i could lend a helping hand too.

Thanks

Gabe

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(kahluver @ Jun 4 2018, 07:42 AM) *

Hey guys,

Is it too late for me to join? If for no other reason than to bring a 3rd Marathon Blue 74 to the party.

I've done a couple of 911 front suspension rebuilds so i could lend a helping hand too.

Thanks

Gabe

Gabe-

Absolutely...come join us. Please add him to list.

Oscar
sb914
Where's jerry ? If jerrys not going I'm not going! wub.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 4 2018, 09:14 AM) *

Jerry is coming....he only lives 3 blocks away. He said he will chime in...let's see. Two V8's should wake up my poor neighbors.

Oscar
914_7T3
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 4 2018, 07:46 AM) *

QUOTE(kahluver @ Jun 4 2018, 07:42 AM) *

Hey guys,

Thanks

Gabe

Gabe-

Absolutely...come join us. Please add him to list.

Oscar

Added, how can anyone say no to another L96M at this gathering!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 4 2018, 09:14 AM) *

Eddy, looks like u want someone to come with V8 engine! Just drive ur stock 4 and not to scare Jeffrey’s neighbor! Hehehe
sb914
Wait till I install electric exhaust cutout! Then I'll really scare the neighbors!
kahluver
Thanks guys. Looking forward to it!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 4 2018, 12:18 PM) *

Wait till I install electric exhaust cutout! Then I'll really scare the neighbors!

w00t.gif
Tdskip
Are doing more than one?

Any other tech stuff happening?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 4 2018, 12:35 PM) *

Are doing more than one?

Any other tech stuff happening?

Tom

The main priority is completing Jeffrey's suspension swap. I have space in garage for others to work on their own cars. I myself plan to do a bumper swap and LED headlight (914Rubber) upgrade that day. We'll leave engine work for another time. We'll have extra hands so bring your parts and have at it...trim, lock sets, bumpers, gages etc...

We could use cheerleaders... cheer.gif

I will supply soft drinks and water.

Oscar
Tdskip
Got it - and clearly we need to focus on what kicked the day off. Just wasn't sure if we are doing a couple or "just" one. I've dropped and replaced a 911 front end and with multiple people helping it should go quickly.

I have to drop and swap and engine, will save that for another day.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 4 2018, 12:58 PM) *

Got it - and clearly we need to focus on what kicked the day off. Just wasn't sure if we are doing a couple or "just" one. I've dropped and replaced a 911 front end and with multiple people helping it should go quickly.

I have to drop and swap and engine, will save that for another day.

Thanks Tom

We can discuss plans for future tech days this Sat.

Oscar
LS1V8Jerry
The ghost will be there...
914_7T3
Overwhelmed at the outpouring of support and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(Jerry J Joseph @ Jun 4 2018, 04:00 PM) *

piratenanner.gif
ValcoOscar
Okay...all set, should be fun. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif biggrin.gif Starting @ 8am

We have enough help but welcome anyone else to stop by popcorn[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif , just PM or call me for address.

We will have lots of drinks/food chowtime.gif

driving.gif in OC, 5 fwy/Beach blvd

Oscar
sb914
Nos vermos mañana !!
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(Jerry J Joseph @ Jun 4 2018, 04:00 PM) *

lol-2.gif

Not a ghost when you light up the tires Jerry. Easy there turbo aktion035.gif
914_7T3
I've got Bagels, Cream Cheese, OJ & will pick up a Starbucks Traveler in the morning. Looking forward to getting into it! See you all in the morning.

beer3.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jun 8 2018, 04:17 PM) *

I've got Bagels, Cream Cheese, OJ & will pick up a Starbucks Traveler in the morning. Looking forward to getting into it! See you all in the morning.

beer3.gif

Hot coffee too...
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Great picture, what I motley crew I’m sure it was a good time. smilie_pokal.gif to Oscar
914_7T3
We had a great day at ValcoOscar's with the OC crew. Before posting more pics from today, just wanted to take the time to thank and show appreciation to the following people:

bdstone 914 for the many hours spent prepping the parts and making sure we had everything required down to the last nut and bolt. He took charge of the project with Larmo63 and was able to see it through right to the finish well into the night. Couldn''t even imagine taking this on without your knowledge and expertise. smilie_pokal.gif

A special thanks to Larmo63 for getting on board early and jumping right into it with the guys. Your hands on approach is exactly what was needed to get things going and moving along to get this project completed in a single day. beerchug.gif

ValcoOscar for your continued support and hosting the day along with the use of your facilities. We are now one more Step Forward with this build. drunk.gif

ED Turbo, sb914 & BoomingBeetle for coming out and wrenching on the car. Couldn't have done it without you. smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Also Kahluver, Jerry J Joesph, Tdskip & abes914 for coming to check us out and lend your support shades.gif

Now for the pics:

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Great photos and Wish I could some out and help.
G e o r g e
Whose Car is the Sepia ?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jun 10 2018, 09:21 AM) *

Whose Car is the Sepia ?

That car belongs to Jerry (Jerry J Joseph) we backdated the bumpers yesterday. V8 powered.

For sale soon...he recently bought the chrome yellow LS1 narrow body.

Aside from some nice fours, we had two sixes and three V8 cars in attendance.

Oscar
ndfrigi
can’t say anything but “Wow”
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jun 10 2018, 12:59 AM) *

We had a great day at ValcoOscar's with the OC crew. Before posting more pics from today, just wanted to take the time to thank and show appreciation to the following people:

bdstone 914 for the many hours spent prepping the parts and making sure we had everything required down to the last nut and bolt. He took charge of the project with Larmo63 and was able to see it through right to the finish well into the night. Couldn''t even imagine taking this on without your knowledge and expertise. smilie_pokal.gif

A special thanks to Larmo63 for getting on board early and jumping right into it with the guys. Your hands on approach is exactly what was needed to get things going and moving along to get this project completed in a single day. beerchug.gif

ValcoOscar for your continued support and hosting the day along with the use of your facilities. We are now one more Step Forward with this build. drunk.gif

ED Turbo, sb914 & BoomingBeetle for coming out and wrenching on the car. Couldn't have done it without you. smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Also Kahluver, Jerry J Joesph, Tdskip & abes914 for coming to check us out and lend your support shades.gif

No problem Jeff. Nice to meet you and let’s keep in touch!

Special thanks to Bruce (BDStone914) which we worked as partners during the build. I learned some tricks and tips from you.

-Ed
pete000
Wow, what a nice garage !
Tdskip
QUOTE(pete000 @ Oct 10 2018, 12:17 AM) *

Wow, what a nice garage !

Going to Oscar's is a bit of a right of SoCal 914 passage I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.