Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Does This Button Do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThreeV8s
Any ideas on what this button next to the driver side speaker (on the clutch side) does/did?

The PO mentioned that it had a dual carb set-up at one point so wondering if it had something to do with an electric choke, but purely a guess.
Click to view attachment
budk
QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 3 2018, 08:25 AM) *

Any ideas on what this button next to the driver side speaker (on the clutch side) does/did?

The PO mentioned that it had a dual carb set-up at one point so wondering if it had something to do with an electric choke, but purely a guess.
Click to view attachment

Does it have an electric windshield washer pump?
injunmort
does/did the car have rear reflector? trunk release for cars with reflector.
ThreeV8s
No washer fluid pump.

It’s possible that it had a rear reflector, but doubtful based on the impression I got from the PO. Hesitant to bother him with this, but might if I can’t get it figured out.
Mikey914
Follow the wires. May go nowhere now.
You may be able to re purpose it for electric water squirters, if its not already.
mepstein
Passenger eject
abes914
PO knows that you can’t turbo a 914 so he installed NOS
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2018, 10:59 AM) *

Passenger eject

Beat me to it... flag.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2018, 07:59 AM) *

Passenger eject

Or rear machine gun so be careful. av-943.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
altitude411
Don't ever push that button and for sure do NOT cut the green wire... blink.gif

Burglar Alarm trigger button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMgNpv-wJb4
Ed_Turbo
Secret German nitrous button aktion035.gif
Mark Henry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM3xL3tZChM
Larmo63
Panic button?
ThreeV8s
I wanted to close the loop on this for anyone losing sleep over the purpose of the button. biggrin.gif I didn’t see a pump. The owner of the shop I bring it to had told me a while back that he wouldn’t fail it on the state inspection for not having a windshield washer set-up, so I assumed he looked too. Therefore, I assumed there was nothing there.

I hesitantly ended up reaching out to the PO as I needed to know. Based on his response, it was for a washer pump and he forgot to mention it since he hadn’t used it in years.

I’m not going to try it until right before the next time I wash it, as I don’t want whatever is in there on the paint.

I truly wish it had any of the things in the replies, but I’m just not that lucky I guess.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2018, 11:59 AM) *

Passenger eject

And I thought I had the first one installed... blink.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 3 2018, 10:47 AM) *

Aww man! I was just looking for this. Great mention! smile.gif
ThreeV8s
Post in error
PanelBilly
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jun 3 2018, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 3 2018, 10:59 AM) *

Passenger eject

Beat me to it... flag.gif

Me too
Valy
QUOTE(ThreeV8s @ Jun 3 2018, 05:25 AM) *

Click to view attachment

It's the flux capacitor bypass. It explains the dual carb set-up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.