Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting seats recovered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
Im recovering my seats and would like suggestion, opinions, pictures. the sides and head rest I want black for sure but I havent decided on the inserts yet. My car is going to be royal blue so I was thinking of incorporating that somewhere in the seats but I'm not sure.

Also its up in the air wether to get cloth, velour, or vynal for the inserts. It gets realy hot here so im thinking that it would be too uncomfortable having vynal for inserts? How durable are the other materials? How do they look (examples) ?

Any pictures and suggestions are welcomed
skline
Well, I would post up pictures of mine except I have not got them back yet. Alberto has them at his place and of course, has not been up to visit yet. He called last night and said he would come by but of course, he didnt show. He is owned for sure by his kids. One of these days he will get up here. He wants some welding done on his car si I am sure I will see him soon.

I had mine done in Black Leather on the sides and back and the center is done in a grey/black cloth. I hate sticking to the seats when I wear shorts.
smooth_eddy
If I were you I would have leather put in. Or is leather too hot? Eddy
jgiroux67
Well I went to an appolstry(however you spell it) place and checked out a ton of samples of both leather and vynal. I liked the vynal (or maybe it was some other synthetic leather) much better because it was softer, more durable, and cheaper.
jgiroux67
I'm also thinking of this kind of stiching patern.
smooth_eddy
In all honesty the factory look basket weave or brick replacement vinyl is pretty nice. It is pretty soft and it works for me. But, if I needed seat work, I would deffinately look at leather. There was a post a few months ago about having upholstry work done across the border in Mexico. From what I hear the work is really good and the price is reasonable. I am sure someone will chime in here. Eddy
redshift
Depending on what color Royal Blue is, there is a dark blue Pascha material, the 928 stuff the Alien dood hasba.. makes your eyes go: wacko.gif

Houndstooth is plain old nice looking, and comfortable.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.