Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lockplate Washer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1adam12
Hey folks. A shot of my 901 gear stack. I'm sure this washer on the drive shaft shouldn't be bent like this right!? There's no damage to the bearing or race behind it so I wasn't sure if this intentionally suppose to look like this.

Anyone have the replacement part number?
914Sixer
Yes it should be bent, it is the lock plate.
1adam12
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 3 2018, 06:14 PM) *

Yes it should be bent, it is the lock plate.

Thanks. Wasn't sure as I saw an image of one with a tab on it. That's a relief!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(1adam12 @ Jun 3 2018, 06:10 PM) *

Hey folks. A shot of my 901 gear stack. I'm sure this washer on the drive shaft shouldn't be bent like this right!? There's no damage to the bearing or race behind it so I wasn't sure if this intentionally suppose to look like this.

Anyone have the replacement part number?

mtndawg
We were discussing this part at the rebuild clinic recently. Yes, it is supposed to look like this. You probably want to bend it down and re-use it. My understanding is that you would have to get it from Porsche... maybe SMC or Pelican? They might be getting it from Porsche if they have it in stock?

When you take the nut off you should see the tab.
mepstein
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jun 4 2018, 02:11 PM) *

We were discussing this part at the rebuild clinic recently. Yes, it is supposed to look like this. You probably want to bend it down and re-use it. My understanding is that you would have to get it from Porsche. When you take the nut off you should see the tab.

We get little parts like that from our local Porsche dealer al the time. no charge for shipping and they show up in a day or 2.
mtndawg
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 4 2018, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(mtndawg @ Jun 4 2018, 02:11 PM) *

We were discussing this part at the rebuild clinic recently. Yes, it is supposed to look like this. You probably want to bend it down and re-use it. My understanding is that you would have to get it from Porsche. When you take the nut off you should see the tab.

We get little parts like that from our local Porsche dealer al the time. no charge for shipping and they show up in a day or 2.

This is good to know. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.