Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another day at Sklines Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Well, the day over here Started around 9:40 when Allan (Headrage) showed up with his car. Aaron showed up about 10:30 and Robert showed up shortly after that. Ed came by around 1:30 or so to pick up parts. The transmission got swapped out on the Chalon for the new one with all the good stuff. Allans alternator got swapped out also. The bad part was, his car still doesnt charge and mine made this horrific sound when I started it up. I thought it was the clutch rubbing but that wasnt it. The second time I tried it it made the noise again. The next time I went to try it the car wouldnt even turn over. I pulled the starter out of the car to see what was going on. The gear on the starter looked perfect with no gouges or anything. The Flywheel looked ok too but looked like it was rubbing on something. So I shimmed the starter out a little and tried it again and it worked great. Allans car didnt get so lucky. It is spending the night here and he will come and get it tomorrow. Hopefully someone here will give him a clue on what to do to resolve his dilema. Swapped out everything and it still wont charge. I still have some other stuff to work on like changing out the lights. That should be easy but the lights are probably original. I tried to get the little screws out and couldnt get them to loosen up at all. So I ground them off. Will work on it on Sunday as I will be working at the port again tomorrow. First time for a day shift. Woohoo. smilie_pokal.gif

Here are some pictures from today.
skline
Allan trying to figure his car out.
skline
Me working on swapping the trans
skline
And last but not least, Aarons new Avatar. laugh.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 10 2005, 08:10 PM)
And last but not least, Aarons new Avatar.  :lol:

ohmy.gif Oh boy A-aron....don't drop the soap in the showers!!!!! lol3.gif

Lisa screwy.gif
Allan
We should start a bail fund... laugh.gif
Howard
Why don't you guys come up here tomorrow. Have this terrible howl in my rear end.
And the car is noisy, too. Beer, burgers, etc.
Allan
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 10 2005, 08:16 PM)
Why don't you guys come up here tomorrow. Have this terrible howl in my rear end.
And the car is noisy, too. Beer, burgers, etc.

The rear end howl is just age. Depends will take care of any excess that may occur... laugh.gif We can send you a hearing aid to make the noise sound right... wink.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 10 2005, 07:08 PM)
. Allans car didnt get so lucky. It is spending the night here and he will come and get it tomorrow. Hopefully someone here will give him a clue on what to do to resolve his dilema. Swapped out everything and it still wont charge. I still have some other stuff to work on like changing out the lights. That should be easy but the lights are probably original. I tried to get the little screws out and couldnt get them to loosen up at all. So I ground them off. Will work on it on Sunday as I will be working at the port again tomorrow. First time for a day shift. Woohoo. smilie_pokal.gif

Here are some pictures from today.

I remember a thread about dash lights having to be working for the charging system to work? It was just one of them, but it was important for some reason. (at least I think I remember that info) sad.gif
Allan
Dash lights work... It's gotta be in the main harness headbang.gif or the instrument cluster.
john rogers
This may obvious, but did you 7unhook the batt NEG connection before you put in the alternator? If not you probably cooked the diodes. Was this the same starter you had used, if you had to shim out the starter it might be the type 4 bus starter as they were different? When we put the six in the race car the same starter we used on the stroker four worked fine. Good luck.
boxstr
Scott any progress on the engman hell hole fix??
CCLINHOLEYHELL
lagunero
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jun 10 2005, 10:50 PM)
Scott any progress on the engman hell hole fix??
CCLINHOLEYHELL

this coming Tuesday
McMark
Did Brandon get his sway bar installed? I hope so.
URY914
Aaron,

Are you out on work release and have to be back by sundown?
Or do you have a GPS thing on your ankle?

My wife said she'd bake you a cake with a file in it.

Paul
skline
I hope this answers some questions,

I will be working the day shift today at the port, being O4591 and they are starting at O4459 I will for sure get called out to work. Unless I reap out, I wont be home till around 6. So, the hell hole kit will be done on the yellow car tomorrow and Alberto's car will be on Tuesday. Full pictures of both installs will be taken.

The battery was disconnected when the alternator was swapped out on Allans car.

The starter on the Chalon is one of those high torque starters, I got it to be sure it would turn the car over. I shimmed it out and it seems to work now. Must have been a little difference between the case thicknesses between the two transmissions. I test drove the car afterwards and the noise from before is not there. That is a good thing. Now I just need to get some headlights mounted so I can drive at night.

Brandon was going to come by today to install the sway bar, I have to work so it isnt going to happen today, Sorry Brandon, I need to get all the hours I can. We could do it tomorrow?
Aaron Cox
thats wierd about your starter scott....

But why the *&&^% did it have such long bolts on it??? that took forever with an open ened wrench...

yep. i have a GPS unit on my ankle biggrin.gif
GWN7
I thought that thingy on your ankle was a beer holder? beerchug.gif
redshift
lol you freaks...

914'Hood...

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.