Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 pair 911 - 3.5” Boge front struts for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
2 pair 911 - 3.5” Boge front struts for sale The first pair I think is from an SC. They are in very good condition and inserts seem to be fine but are sold - as is.

The second pair is probably from a Carrera since it has the bracket for the brake sensor. You don’t need the sensor to use these struts. Inserts are functional but - as is.

There should be no functional difference between either pair. I don’t know if the Carrera inserts are valves for a slightly heavier car.

Both pairs will accept Billstein strut inserts (made for Boge struts) , the inserts usually come with both types of top caps, internal and external.

Both pairs will only accept calipers with 3.5” spacing or need adaptors to use other calipers like Boxster brakes.

$450 + ship (usually around $50 xcountry)
Email - mark@markepstein.net to purchase
flmont
what does the 3.5" spacing have to do with the 5 lug conversion,is that for a specific type of rim and rotor ?? confused24.gif Thanks Frank
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 7 2018, 08:05 PM) *

what does the 3.5" spacing have to do with the 5 lug conversion,is that for a specific type of rim and rotor ?? confused24.gif Thanks Frank

It determines which front brake caliper you can use.
flmont
Ok,..and which one's will I use,..LOL..I honestly don't know how to piece it together I think I would upgrade to a 15 or 16 X 7 " rim with standard 911 calipers and drilled disc.
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 7 2018, 08:26 PM) *

Ok,..and which one's will I use,..LOL..I honestly don't know how to piece it together I think I would upgrade to a 15 or 16 X 7 " rim with standard 911 calipers and drilled disc.

15" and larger can be used on almost any size brake caliper as long as they are real Fuchs. Some fake Fuchs can have fitment issues.
flmont
in reality it would be easy to do a 5 lug upgrade with your SC strut's on a 76' 914 and I assume calipers and rotors are easy to get, as well,..
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 7 2018, 08:40 PM) *

in reality it would be easy to do a 5 lug upgrade with your SC strut's on a 76' 914 and I assume calipers and rotors are easy to get, as well,..

Yes. Calipers are easy to pick up for very reasonable prices on pelican and rotors are available from autozone, ect or amazon, ect.
bdstone914
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 7 2018, 05:26 PM) *

Read up my friend.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=conversion
flmont
thanks Bdstone
mepstein
Pending
Tdskip
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 7 2018, 07:33 PM) *

]
15" and larger can be used on almost any size brake caliper as long as they are real Fuchs. Some fake Fuchs can have fitment issues.

Amen
mepstein
One pair still for sale.
eatpez
Interested if still available.
mepstein
Sold a while ago
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.