Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I wish something like this...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeff Krieger
British Motor Heritage Limited

More
Jeroen
Yep, this was discussed at lenght quite a while ago on the Pelican BBS
The discussion ended up what people were willing to pay for a new 914

Brad even offered several good rollers to people on the eastcoast at very decent prices with the option to have them all transported on one truck to a central location on the east-coast
(kinda 'group buy' on rust free chassis including transport)

IIRC Even though his prices and cars were good, very little (serious) interest was shown...

cheers,

Jeroen
scotty
IIRC Even though his prices and cars were good, very little (serious) interest was shown...

confused24.gif Kinda sad... maybe in 10 more years? confused24.gif
Jeff Krieger
Well, even though I'm not buying a new one, I am resurrecting an old one http://persweb.direct.ca/aschwenk/MyCar.htm . I already have some rust repair panels here and I have more on the way and then it's off to the body shop. Then the motor and tranny need to be rebuilt and then the brakes and suspension, new wiring harnesses, interior redone, Rennshifter and finally painting. It's a money pit but I like it!
ThinAir
Can you imagine the impact it would have on Boxster sales if Porsche Cars of America or VWA had a division that did this kind of thing for 914s? Since Porsche won't wake up to the reality of building a real 914 replacement, they won't ever allow this kind of business either. I sure hope VW builds that new mid-engine car (and gets it right).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.