Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swapping a /4 1.8 for a /4 2.0!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ovilla
One is being put up for sale (both are 75's). Anyway, I'm really considering moving the 2.0 to the 914 that I'm keeping. I noticed that the tachs are both the same so is it just a matter of swapping the engine and tranny combo on both? I'm thinking that the relay board, battery, and ECU stay in each respective car and everything else is dropped and swapped. Does anything in the cab need to be swapped out? Anything else that should be considered here? Also, having never dropped an engine yet, what should I fix/replace while they are out? I'm for sure going to change the oil cooler seals. Finally, how long do you think for this?
type47
relay board and battery stay in the same car and don't have to be swapped. ECU would go with respective engine since one is (if still factory) D-jet and the other is L-jet
ArtechnikA
nothing in the cabin.

transmissions are identical. IIRC there are some wiring differences regarding the relay board but i'm not the expert on AFC cars. (has to do with a fuel pump relay issue, IIRC, but i'm fuzzy. search for recent threads on '74's and AFC...) i'm pretty sure (but not 100%) the fuel pressure regulator is different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.