Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Father/Daughter Trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
Well, my son and I took a trip to fetch a Corvette when he was 13-years old...awesome trip & great memories! Fast forward 6-years, my 15-year old daughter and I are returning from Connecticut in a new ride.

If anyone has same the opportunity - make it happen!

Cracker

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
Good times!

I did that with my dad when I was a little older, 22 I think, when we traveled to Rhode Island to pick up a 911. He needed a second driver to make the trip home. Needless to say, he didn't need to twist my arm.
Andyrew
Fantastic! Time together individually is amazing.

Oh and congrats on the ZL1! Hell of a car!
mepstein
It’s why I usually offer to drop off or pick up my kids from school - 500 miles each way, Even if they sleep half the time, it’s always worth it.
Unobtanium-inc
My kids love going on Daddy Porsche buying trips, because we always find a Golden Corral, and they have a chocolate fountain!
flyer86d
Enjoy your time with your kids. My daughter Hayley, my youngest, graduated from college last May (2017). She lives half way across the country and I’m lucky to see her twice a year. We did everything together. She was a swimmer, I mean a real competitive swimmer. She raced from 6 yo thru her senior year in college. 21 time all conference in college and an NCAA all American. I took her to all of her swim meets, I was an N2 official. The saddest day of my life was the day Sue and I dropped her off for her freshman year of college. My middle child, Griffin just moved to California. They are all doing well so that is not a concern. However, we don’t see them often. The time that you spend with your children is a blink of an eye. Cherish it.

Charlie
tygaboy
Cherish that family time. It's fleeting.

And safe travels in that beast! (You know idea.gif , that motor would bolt right into your 914...)

happy11.gif stirthepot.gif
Craigers17
Looks like a great time and lifelong memories... good for you! I could be mistaken, but it looks like you might have shot up to Orange County to check out some choppers and partake in a porter... cool place! beerchug.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Jun 6 2018, 06:42 PM) *

Enjoy your time with your kids.
The time that you spend with your children is a blink of an eye. Cherish it.

Charlie

Well said Charlie, truer words ain't never been spoken... sad.gif
whitetwinturbo
Whoa..................wish you were my daddy when I was looking for a car beer.gif
db9146
Looks like a great trip Tony. I'm sure you both enjoyed it a lot. You're daughter is a delightful young lady.

And nice new ride!
Dion
That’s great Tony. Good times. Cherish it fer sure. Time does get away from us.
Enjoy the new “ride”. Looks like a lot of fun.
ChrisFoley
Good to know the trip went well Tony!

That car is a beast. I know of one which was written off during a (wet) track day at Tamworth in NH.
Cracker
Thanks folks! Just eating lunch in Asheville and we'll be home by supper...

The car honestly has totally exceeded our expectations...not nearly as quick as the teener but overall - what a car! No regrets.

Tony
DRPHIL914
Fun times! my son (24 at the time) went with me to NYC to pick up and drive home the Boxster I bought last year from VincentB. in Brooklyn. fun trip! hit the city , stayed over and went to a Blue Man Group performance and got some NYC Cheese cake and visited Roxy's Deli and the Burger Joint(best burger in NYC!) stopped in Pensylvania at a roadside BBQ place and got stopped by MD highway patrol due to no permanent tags (to make sure it wasn't stolen)- fun adventure - Also took him as a freshman engineering student and my oldest daughter, then 12, with to go pick up the 914 when I purchased it 9 years ago, also much fun. Glad you had a safe drive home - I assume since you are in Ashville that you were taking some of the Blue Ridge Parkway on your way down and back to Atlanta??
Cracker
Phillip: Great to hear you have capitalized on similar opportunities...we stayed in Roan Mountain the last night, so Asheville was the "back roads" route home. We just clipped a little BRP...

Tony
Cracker
Too bad. This package ranks #2 on Hagerty's future collectables list...now there will be #499? In ten-years tjat number might be cut in half...I can only hope I don't contribute to that reduction. biggrin.gif

T

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 7 2018, 07:32 AM) *

I know of one which was written off during a (wet) track day at Tamworth in NH.

Mueller
Too cool Tony, looks like she had a great time.

BIGKAT_83
Auto or 6speed and did you let her drive.
smilie_pokal.gif
Cracker
For those not familiar with this package...here is the factory eningeer setting the official Nurburgring lap time. Unofficially, he ran a 7:13 but it really doesn't matter...

PS: This is an "involved" drivers car...only the Viper ACR (crazy performance and 2.5x the cost!) rowed gears too and ram a quicker lap time. Not bad for a heavyweight Camaro...

T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw
Cracker
The "track package" is only available with a manual, Bob.

T

quote name='BIGKAT_83' date='Jun 8 2018, 09:45 AM' post='2617324']
Auto or 6speed and did you let her drive.
smilie_pokal.gif
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.