Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (FOR SALE) 2.0L injection 914 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dcautorandy
I have a 2.0l 914 Engine, with injection thats still in the car running, this is a plug and play engine ready to roll. Im looking to do a 6 cylinder conversion so I would like to sell the engine to get me well on my way. Looking for $5,500 please call or text (252)-474-5401 if interested and my names Randy! Thanks
ChrisG914
Randy, Is it beautifully detailed? Recently rebuilt? Do you have leak down numbers? Compression?
dcautorandy
The engine is still in the car, I do not have current leakdown numbers for it. It has not been recently rebuilt but it has been recently gone through. As far as beuatifully detailed I would say no, the cars been a driver so the engine has the used look to it you may say
dcautorandy
Here are a few pics
euro911
blink.gif
aggiezig
I'm going to be honest and throw this out there because I would want the feedback if I were selling.

Based on the info you provided, you are asking about double what is fair value for the engine. Without leakdown or compression numbers it's going to be a harder sale. Also, if the engine was recently gone through, it would be beneficial to state what all has been done during this service (what was changed, checked, etc.). How many miles are on the engine? How was it used? How long since last overhaul? Who is responsible for removing the engine? Will you ship?

For reference, $5500 is about what McMark is rebuilding 2056cc engines for and you get a "0 mile" engine knowing all of the specs and details along with it. Check this recent posting for an idea on pricing: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=328089&hl=
914work
While I agree for the most part in the previous post, to be fair.. the motor & price referenced is for a rebuilt long block (less core elements), not a supposed complete engine with OE induction.
aggiezig
agree.gif Valid point.

The link I shared was for a rebuilt motor posted for $4k back in April in the classifieds. That should leave plenty of room to furnish the missing pieces needed for a complete engine.
ric birks
I would also have to agree with some of the previous post regarding used engine values. I have bought and sold more than 1 2.0 complete and running for the $2000-$3000 prices. Just saying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.