Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Performance Oriented retiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Paul Abbott of Performance Oriented, announced on his site he's retiring and taking no new projects.
It says he may be taking orders in the future, to me that translates to he's actively seeking a buyer for the business.

I highly recommend anyone who wrenches, or plans to, on their own /6 IDA webers to copy his tech pages now as a new owner might take them down.

Paul's retirement is a loss to everyone who wanted top tier /6 weber rebuilding services.
brant
I'm happy for Paul
sad for all of us though
he is truly a guru

I had him re-bush my IDS carbs on the racecar
I don't think there are many in the world with the knowledge and experience he has developed.

brant
mb911
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 8 2018, 06:49 AM) *

I'm happy for Paul
sad for all of us though
he is truly a guru

I had him re-bush my IDS carbs on the racecar
I don't think there are many in the world with the knowledge and experience he has developed.

brant

Agreed. I have done some work for paul over the years and he had made mention he was looking at retiring..

I wonder what the cost of the business might be?
Lucky9146
He did my 40's and he is the most thorough and experienced person I have worked with. An engineer's engineer. So Happy I was able to work with him. I spoke with him a couple months back and he told me he had about 25 sets he was going to work through and might take on something after that, but that may have changed based on what Mark has reported, beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

Mark Henry
From his website:
Notice: Due To Impending Retirement, Performance Oriented Will No Longer Accept New Projects. We Plan To Resume Service In The Future But The When Is Unknown, Probably Late 2019. Thank You For The Opportunity To Service Your Weber/Zenith/Solex/MFI Projects!

http://www.performanceoriented.com/weber-40ida3c-1/
1QuickS
Not to worry, although I am "retiring" am not going away just yet and my site will remain available for quite awhile, in fact I am planning to embellish it a bit with more tech info and many photographs as part of my 2019 agenda.

I turn 65 this December & want to close out my current customer projects so I may have the time I need to service & sell my inventory. Once all that is completed I will again take on customer projects which I expect to be early 2020.

No plans to sell business, it is too dear to me and few seemed to be interested when I did consider selling it. I like the work & my customers even more.

Thank you for your positive comments!

Cheers, Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.