Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust valve stuck?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatrickB
Had a little chirp under acceleration that comes and goes. Set valves a few weeks ago and car seemed better but not right. Cleaned up under car because of a small oil leak, ran car to find it. infrared thermometer tells me my miss is on 4. Had the valve cover off because of the oil leak and thought I'd check valve lash again. #4 is WAAAY out of adjustment.
Pretty sure it's stuck open, any reason for that other than bent valve? I'm thinking I need to pull the engine out this weekend.
toolguy
carbon particle in the valve stem
Mark Henry
Dropped valve seat.

Sometimes they will land back in the seat hole, sometimes they sit crooked.
Keep driving and the valve will let go.
Best to pull the engine and remove the head. If it fell back in the seat hole it may look OK, but remove the valve and the seat drops out.

Is it a 1.7? I ask because I see it often with 1.7 heads.
PatrickB
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 8 2018, 04:15 PM) *

Dropped valve seat.

Best to pull the engine and remove the head. If it fell back in the seat hole it may look OK, but remove the valve and the seat drops out.

2 litre. Engine coming out of the car in the morning.
PatrickB
QUOTE(PatrickB @ Jun 8 2018, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 8 2018, 04:15 PM) *

Dropped valve seat.

2 litre. Engine coming out of the car in the morning.

Mark, you got a spare head? I might be looking.... worst part is I drove past Port Hope Tuesday and yesterday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.