Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cip1 ... Has anybody ordered anything from them?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
I was starting to collect some additional parts for a 912 (616) motor rebuild and ran across a set of (8) stainless steel push rod tubes from a company called Cip1 (California Import Parts, Ltd.). Their regular 'Web Price' was $149.99 and they showed the tubes as being in stock. They happened to be 'On Sale' at the time for only $112.50, and I thought they'd be a worthwhile investment, so I placed an order for a set back in February 2018.

I called them in mid March to check status. I was told that they weren't in stock, and they didn't show an order being placed with the manufacturer. So I asked "when were they going to place the order? ... it's been a month since I ordered them". The gal on the phone said they would place the order that same day.

I called again about a week later just to check up on them ... was told they were ordered, and would be in stock in about 4 to 6 weeks.

I called again in April, still not in stock. ... again in May, still nothing dry.gif

I called them again this afternoon and was told they wouldn't be in stock until at least sometime August blink.gif

WTF.gif kind of business are they running there confused24.gif ???

YMMV, but needless to say, I don't think I'll be placing any additional orders with them dry.gif
aggiezig
cip1 is a huge name in VW parts and I've order lots and lots from them over the years. I have not yet had a situation requiring me to call and speak to someone, so I can't vouch for their customer support team.

They are kind of like walmart... huge selection of parts at low prices. BUT, caveat emptor. Do your research on anything you order as some of it is chinese EMPI crap.

I'm not sure if they were marked "in stock" or "backorder" when you ordered. If they are marked "in stock" then I would be pretty pissed, too.

How bad do you need the parts? May be time to request a refund and cancel the order
sithot
QUOTE(aggiezig @ Jun 8 2018, 06:28 PM) *

cip1 is a huge name in VW parts and I've order lots and lots from them over the years. I have not yet had a situation requiring me to call and speak to someone, so I can't vouch for their customer support team.

They are kind of like walmart... huge selection of parts at low prices. BUY, caveat emptor. Do your research on anything you order as some of it is chinese EMPI crap.

I'm not sure if they were marked "in stock" or "backorder" when you ordered. If they are marked "in stock" then I would be pretty pissed, too.

How bad do you need the parts? May be time to request a refund and cancel the order

Especially if they are getting "the float" on your money.
Valy
I ordered many times from them.
One time I got a bad part, called and was immediately refunded with a deep apology.
I'm sure that if you ask for a refund you will get it right away, unless you can't find what you need anywhere else.
Mark Henry
CIP1 is OK, just ask for your money back.

Just because they order them they won't ship them till the container is full and likely the manufacturer won't make them till they have enough for a production run.
Yes, they are like walmart, they make their money on large production runs. If you need something that's out of stock you could be waiting a long time, move on.
Unobtanium-inc
I order wide five wheels from them by the pallet load, always prompt, always Chinese wheels.
euro911
Well, I got an email notification that they finally shipped the tubes today ... just one day shy of 7 months from the original order date blink.gif

I'll have to verify any items I wish to purchase from them are indeed 'in stock' before I ever place another order there idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.