Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What camshaft to use 914/6 3.2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
I'm about to drop the engine down on my /6 and am thinking of changing out the cams. The engine is an SC, bored to 3.2 liters, with stock compression and SC cams. My mechanic says that the SC cams are not that great with the webbers, he recomends going to either an E, and S or the GE40 grind.

The car is flared, stiffened and has delrin bushings. I use it for a fun driver and an occasional autocross or mountain trip.

If anyone has any great ideas on what is the best cam for my usage, please let me know.

Thanks.
TimT
Try the GE40 or 60, or the Web-cam 20-21

I have the 20-21 in my 3.2

In my 2.2 I have a Web-cab 158R it has nice flat torque graph, I havent dynoed my 3.2 yet
Brando
or go with 964 cams.
ken914
Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know where I can get more cam info. Is there a site with example HP curves for various cam shafts??

xitspd
Ken,

I have a SC engine with 3.2 P&C's in my 1975 Carrera. I am running a WEB CAM with a profile similar to a GE60 with 46 MM Webers. In addition I had Ollies do an extensive port job on the heads and intake manifolds. Runs well on the cams, but not fun to drive in stop and go traffic..... I do have an extra set of 964 cams in excellent condition.

Dan

PS Buy the Porsche 911 Performance Handbook (second edition) by Bruce Anderson and call Web Cam in Riverside California. Check out their website!
don9146
I have solex cams on a 2.7 liter in my 914-6. It pulls from any RPM.
Bruce Anderson recommends using an "S" cam in Porsche sixes starting with engines of 3.0 liters of displacement. With a 3.2, an "S" cam would work nice on the street, but may be a little mild for a track car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.