Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carb fuel pressure ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
cb performance sold the Carter rotary fuel pump 3.5psi @ 30 gph ....out of stock

Carter has superceeded the part with a new one. Same pump picture on the web but now spec at 4psi @15 gph.

What do you experts think?? Will the new one work with DRLA Dellortos?

I've used the Mr Gasket pump for a year but thought I'd upgrade before Okteenerfest.
IronHillRestorations
3.5 it is
type2man
Carter P60504 you can find it online for about $40.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 9 2018, 07:30 PM) *

cb performance sold the Carter rotary fuel pump 3.5psi @ 30 gph ....out of stock

Carter has superceeded the part with a new one. Same pump picture on the web but now spec at 4psi @15 gph.

What do you experts think?? Will the new one work with DRLA Dellortos?

I've used the Mr Gasket pump for a year but thought I'd upgrade before Okteenerfest.

I run an in-line regulator set at 3PSI. They feed twin Weber 40's. We're at 700 ft elevation. Car run great.
Triaddave
I run a MALLORY 5-port fuel regulator. one port for the in feed from tank, two ports (one each) to each carb. one is fuel return to the tank and the last I plugged in a fuel pressure gauge. The regulator spec says 4.0 + psi. Mine is set at 3.0 for the weber 44 idf. works fine.
bandjoey
I always resisted the extra plumbing of a regulator instead using a pump with a specific rating. Broke down today and picked up a Holly (Mr Gasket) regulator.
Mark Henry
I'm going to run a FI pump with a PMO regulator, it's a flow back system so you have to run a return.

I'll report how it works once I get my cams back from WEB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.