Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kids and Teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
I was thinking about this the other day and after seeing Britains post about his new baby I thought it would be timely.

I have a 3 1/2 year old boy who is very interested in doing whatever dad does. When I used to have a garage and did car projects all the time, my boy would love to be out there "helping" me do whatever.

Well one day he is running around the 914 and I here "uh-oh", I crawl out from under the car and he has the antenna in his hand. That was about 3 months ago. Yesterday we took a ride to the store, when we got home and get out of the car he tells me he is sorry, I say for what, and he points to the broken antenna laugh.gif

How about fitting a car seat into the teener, not the easiest thing to secure good.

But he loves riding with the top off and mimicking the sounds of the engine as we rev through the gears.

He was the first one to get in the car the day we bought it.

i love porsche
im almost a kid...in my teener
Aaron Cox
heheh SoCal Funrun #1
Mrs. K
A-aron...you no kid anymore...you just had a birthday and you are all of 19 now!! lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
Joe Ricard
I can get the 4 point pretty tight through the base of the seat and the strap from the car of the car seat goes around the harness bar and down the the lap belt latch.

It don't move nowhere. Yea my 5 year old loves Fridays because it is go to the coffee shop (he gets hot chocolate) , Lowes and FLAPS, Beach and play ground in Dad's race car. Top off and having a ball. driving.gif

He also like to drive it from his Grandma's house to our house 2 blocks and one curve. he steers while sitting on my lap, I gas and brake.
swood
Do you mean like...conceiving one of our kids in one or what??

wink.gif
spare time toys
I have 3 helpers. The boys are good when I need some grunt work done and my girl likes to help however she can. They all helped to harvest the engine out of the 928.
thomasotten
Ok, here is my kid story. This happened last week. Remember the show, the Dukes of Hazzard? Well, remember how the General Lee has it's doors welded shut. Well, my kids think that is cool. So one day, when we were about to get in to the teener to go to the local store, one of my 4 year olds said he wanted to get in "like the Duke boys". So, I said sure, and I picked him up over the door and placed him on the seat. Well, the next day it was the same drill, we were about to go to the store. The top was off, and the passenger window was rolled up. My boy was telling me come on lets go, but I was busy with something. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see him with both hands on the top of the glass, hanging from the glass trying to climb up the door to get in! I was surprised the glass didn't break.
john rogers
We bought our youngest daughter Julia a 914 when she turned 16 in 1998. She learned to drive with it, learned to auto-x and later time trial with it and even beat some Miata's at the SCCA auto-x we used to do since she was too young to get into the PCA! In 2000 she won her class at the Porsche Parade auto-x by over 12 seconds which is probably a record of some sort?! She can change brake pads, bleed brakes, change plugs and wires and many other small maintenance items! As Aaron and other have seen it is getting tired now and needs a visit to Los Ponchos again, maybe later this summer?
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (swood @ Jun 11 2005, 05:08 PM)
Do you mean like...conceiving one of our kids in one or what??

wink.gif

Umm...Sure give us all the details happy11.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.