Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GB LED replacment Bulbs $99 a set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
We have another large shipment of LED bulbs that are inbound and are offering up another GB. They have went up a little, but these are literally night and day. We did a tech session on how to Install at WCR Sat morning an even during the daylight you can easily see the improvement. We have sold quite a few of these units and have found them to be the best on the market for the price point.

Matts did a nice comparison of his sealed beam units to these and it's pretty evident the improvement.

I did easily see a vast improvement, and also noted they stayed just a bright while I was idling due to the lower load on the system. That in itself is a major selling point for me.
So who's in?
Mikey914
after
Mikey914
The difference is not as dramatic on high beams (unless you are looking at the current draw).
Mikey914
After on High beam (LED) Note the focal points on the pavement. You can clearly see how they are more defined.

It may also be that with the fog lamps on the comparison looks a little less dramatic.
Mikey914
The write up starts at post 315

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...3294&st=300
Creamsicle New Zealand
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 10 2018, 11:26 AM) *

Hi there do you have any units which will do for right hand drive country's?
The beam will need to point slightly to the left for me.
Cheers
Mikey914
We do not offer the housings you need, but I suspect you could obtain locally pretty easily. We are offering the LED bulbs that fit into the H4 housings. We do offer the option for the H4 housings in left hand drive.
wysri9
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 10 2018, 01:11 PM) *

We do not offer the housings you need, but I suspect you could obtain locally pretty easily. We are offering the LED bulbs that fit into the H4 housings. We do offer the option for the H4 housings in left hand drive.

I'm in on the basis that these bulbs are a straight install in either LH or RH drive housings??

beerchug.gif
Mikey914
That is correct. As long as you can locate an H4 housing. Let me know what you find locally, I'm interested.

Some discussion on Rennlist on the subject

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/59711...r-into-lhd.html
Jonathan Livesay
I'd like a set.
theer
do these also fit the 944?
Mikey914
Yes they do.
Creamsicle New Zealand
Im in for a set please.
914_teener
I.m definately in. Just got my rear trunk seal so on to the next one.
914sgofast2
I will take a set too!
Mike D.
Mikey914
Excellent.

These are still about 10-14 days out so I will not wrap into the other group buys unless I get a PM to do so. This should be open until the 1st.

Justinp71
I would like a set, I already have h4 housings. Thanks. Let me know how to pay.
scallyk9
Me too. One set please. I already have H4 housings.
914forme
Add me to the list.

Have H4 Housing the ultimate Cibie Z Beam Lens, wonder how they will work in them. idea.gif
treemn
One set please.
djway
Hand up
jcschuf1
Please put me down for one set as well! Thanks!
iankarr
I'm in for a set. And an install video!

tyfighter123
Ill take 2 sets.....
Tbrown4x4
One set with lenses and a throttle cable. poke.gif
jim_hoyland
I’v been using the LED conversion set and find them quite good. However, I would like to know the specifications for the bulbs; i’m Looking at a pair of STK H4 9003 bulbs. Are these going to be compatible ?
These bulbs emit yellow ad low beams and bright white in high beam mode.
bandjoey
Possibly illegal in yellow. Check with your friendly lawman first.
ConeDodger
Something I want to point out, since this is my car in the picture, this picture doesn’t even compare stock to the new LED bulbs. On the left is a halogen H4 bulb.
andreic
Is this group buy still available? I am interested in a pair.
Mikey914
Yes Matt is about to open it up with the new headlight surrounds and the complete rebuild for all the bushings in both early and late (including the early brush and rubber flap set up).

@matty900 That will let him know you are interested and you should see the rest in the next day as it comes together.

-Mark
porschetub
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 4 2019, 04:04 PM) *

I’v been using the LED conversion set and find them quite good. However, I would like to know the specifications for the bulbs; i’m Looking at a pair of STK H4 9003 bulbs. Are these going to be compatible ?
These bulbs emit yellow ad low beams and bright white in high beam mode.

Using a similar white 55w set with H4 housings and they work very well,however further research indicated they may not be legal in my country but I haven't really had the time to find out why.

horizontally-opposed
Interested. GB price?

So they're plug and play if you've got H4s? I do...
914werke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2019, 09:57 PM) *

Yes Matt is about to open it up with the new headlight surrounds and the complete rebuild for all the bushings in both early and late (including the early brush and rubber flap set up).

@matty900 That will let him know you are interested and you should see the rest in the next day as it comes together.

-Mark

Curious if there has been a solution for the rubber boot sealing the element to the housing?
1adam12
I'm in for a set !
ConeDodger
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 6 2019, 05:54 PM) *

Interested. GB price?

So they're plug and play if you've got H4s? I do...

Pete,
Yes. 10 minutes a side to install.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Pete,

Thanks Rob!

QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 6 2019, 01:45 PM) *

Curious if there has been a solution for the rubber boot sealing the element to the housing?

Okay, see the price (sorry for asking!), and just curious about the question above. Hmm, may need to do this. Don't often drive my car at night, but what a shockingly bad system it is after being spoiled by modern systems. And…getting older....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 6 2019, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Pete,

Thanks Rob!

Okay, see the price (sorry for asking!), and just curious about the question above. Hmm, may need to do this. Don't often drive my car at night, but what a shockingly bad system it is after being spoiled by modern systems. And…getting older....

Pete, the rubber cover doesn’t really fit, but I don’t worry about it as I never drive in the rain. I can practically hear the damn thing rusting as it is! biggrin.gif
Matty900

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2019, 09:57 PM) *

-Mark

I sent you the prototype, how did it work for you?
914werke
When? I hadnt received anything?
Matty900
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 7 2019, 02:03 AM) *

When? I hadnt received anything?

They went to you in December. I have not driven my car in the rain to test them so I was hoping for some feedback from you.
dwillouby
Group buy still available?
Need bulbs & lenses.
How to order?

David
914werke
Bummer. The foam seal makes sense. Must have gotten lost in the post.
falcor75
Just a heads up for those of you that have to pass strict mot checks with your 914's is that these LED bulbs might fail the check due to poor light pattern. No amount of adjusting would get the beams low enough to avoid blinding oncoming traffic so I got a fail on both. Switched back to regular H4 halogens and the light pattern became crisp as a razor again.
Mikey914
Other than a high / low beam light (as the lows are hooded), the diffusion of the light is a function of the lens. We had included the EMPI lenses as they were inexpensive and had been commercially proven. The Hella lenses are $70 each. May be a viable option if you are having issues.
FlacaProductions
I have H4's but the reflectors seem to be deteriorated/flaky/moldy (the car is new to me...) and need to go. I was considering going full LED with the Truck-Lite's but can I use your LED lamps with your OEM91463110600 headlight globe or am I best to go with Hella H4 lenses - I'm betting the latter....
Mikey914
I'm using the EMPI ones (that we stock), and have found to be a 100% improvement over factory. The Hella lenses (my personal opinion), didn't justify spending 3-4x the amount on.

Try the Empis and if you don't like them send them back for a refund. You're only gambling the shipping cost, but I'd bet you'll like them.
bandjoey
LED is the way to go. I drove dusk to dawn cross country and visibility was perfect. Will not go back. AS TO cutoff. I use the E Hella lens. Imagine a letter E pattern. I can set a severe upper cut off and still super long distance lighting.

I’ll post a picture tonight
FlacaProductions
Thanks @Mikey914 - I'll put that on the list i'm building - thank you!
ovilla
Do you have to use 12V relays with these bulbs/kit or is the wattage safe enough to go through the factory headlight switch?
Mikey914
Plug and play, the only issue can be the relay NOT getting enough wattage to trigger it. These use a fraction of the the incandescent bulbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.