Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I’m sure quite a few of us need this...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
I don’t even see this in the PET and I’m sure most of these are either gone or kind of tore up.

I’d guess pretty easy part to make, Mark.

Who knows what it is?
Amphicar770
Defroster vent??
Cupomeat
I am guessing it is the surround for the heater lever in a center console arrangement.
914Sixer
Appearance Console heat lever slot
Rob-O
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 10 2018, 06:46 PM) *

Appearance Console heat lever slot

Ding ding ding!

Of the cars I see this piece is usually gone. Those I do see, including mine, and warped and/or just beat up.
cary
I've had my car since 2002. Never had one. I'm in. Do we have a nice one for pattern making?
Mikey914
Yes,
I agree, we need to make these. Who else needs them, should be about a $7 part at least for the GB.
rgolia
Need one here
ChrisFoley
IMO, plenty of people will buy that piece.
DRPHIL914
yes, I agree, mine are cracked
Rob-O
QUOTE(cary @ Jun 10 2018, 07:45 PM) *

I've had my car since 2002. Never had one. I'm in. Do we have a nice one for pattern making?

I’d certainly donate mine for use as the pattern for the new part. It’s not great (the lip that’s visible is scratched up). But the dimensions and overall shape are good.

Mark, do you have one or need one to use for mock up?
76-914
Even if you have one of these it is probably warped & ugly.
Mikey914
I'm checking to see, but I think I have a good sample.
Mark
914werke
Agree. Needed!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 11 2018, 08:42 AM) *

If you make these, please make them a bit sturdier, the stock ones easily deform long before they crack.
dry.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 11 2018, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 11 2018, 08:42 AM) *

If you make these, please make them a bit sturdier, the stock ones easily deform long before they crack.
dry.gif

Agreed. It seems to just be a low density polypropylene with some carbon black thrown in for color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.