Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of redoing my rear suspension. New bushings, wheel bearings, etc. Yesterday I pressed out the trailing arm bushings and found a bit of a surprise. The shaft that runs inside of the trailing arm, that the bushings are around is rusty! And I'm talking really rusty. sad.gif It looks like some water must have got trapped between the bushing and rusted the shaft. The end of it is swollen, and when tapped, it just flakes apart.

So, I was hoping to get this all back together this weekend, but thats not looking too likely. Does anybody have a couple of spare shafts laying around? I have no idea what they're worth, but I'm hoping to get some fairly quickly. Can anybody help me out? I need two, as they're both rusted.

If my camera was working, I'd take some pics, because this seems like a pretty bizare thing to happen.

mike_the_man
Somebody, anybody??? Bumpity bump bump bump.
ClayPerrine
Got a couple laying around. Do you need one for the other side? Where do I send it?

mike_the_man
Thanks Clay, I need both sides. I'll PM you my info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.