Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pikes Peak Race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Hi,

I am going to Pikes Peak for my first time in a couple of weeks. I used to follow the race way back when my Kiwi countryman Rod Millen raced in a 4WD Mazda RX7

There is no way the wife will get up at 3 am to get a spot on the course hissyfit.gif , so I am going to have to accept being at the starting area instead.

My question is - If I drive to the starting line - what time should I get there such that there will still be parking?

OR, perhaps I take a shuttle or some other form of public transportation to the start?

Any views here?
Thanks
PlaysWithCars
My only perspective is one of jealousy. Would have really liked to have attended when it was still dirt but today, even with the road paved, the race still has a unique character.

No help on your question. But have fun!
sixnotfour
From what ive seen its not like it used to be,,,heres some info..Have Fun
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-pikes-pea...ets-38296473784
pikes peak photo 2017
porschetub
QUOTE(simonjb @ Jun 12 2018, 05:30 AM) *

Hi,

I am going to Pikes Peak for my first time in a couple of weeks. I used to follow the race way back when my Kiwi countryman Rod Millen raced in a 4WD Mazda RX7

There is no way the wife will get up at 3 am to get a spot on the course hissyfit.gif , so I am going to have to accept being at the starting area instead.

My question is - If I drive to the starting line - what time should I get there such that there will still be parking?

OR, perhaps I take a shuttle or some other form of public transportation to the start?

Any views here?
Thanks

Is Steve Millen still running the course these days?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.