Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross #'s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave-O
On a rainy afternoon, I decided to start fooling around with new AX numbers. I had a nice large sheet of magnetic material so I thought I would try a few things to see what they looked like.

I went with the "meatball" look because I thought they always looked good on 914's and my old "block" style magnetic numbers kept falling off without tape on the leading edge.

I will have nice vinyl graphics made to go on these backgrounds.

Let me know what you think of each, I have enough magnetic material to go either way...

David

Dave-O
Option 1, first view:

Dave-O
Option 1, second view:

Dave-O
Option 2, first view:
Dave-O
Option 2, second view:
Aaron Cox
whats all that wet stuff on the car? biggrin.gif

BTW - i like the 17" circle smile.gif
URY914
I like a BIG circle with the bottom cut off at the bottom of the door.

Also, move it back so its not under the mirror.

P biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Well you know I am pretty partial to yellow teeners and white dots. Last year right before leaving town. blink.gif
Joe Ricard
and closer. 18" circles
spare time toys
15 inch circle streched to oval. smile.gif
TravisNeff
Joe, I love the crayon detail. That is something that I would do. smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
here's a car from today's a/x...

KT
grantsfo
..I'm partial to blue masking tape. biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jun 11 2005, 05:34 PM)
Joe, I love the crayon detail. That is something that I would do. smilie_pokal.gif

Pretty stressful time leaving all your shit and running from a Hurricane. Just has to make fun of it. Shoulda seen the looks and bent necks as we drove in bumper to bumper traffic for 10 hours.
Water color comes right off. shoe polish is highly NOT recommended.

magnetic numbers don't stay on for shit. got to tape them.
Dave-O
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 12 2005, 08:02 AM)

magnetic numbers don't stay on for shit. got to tape them.

That's what I used to think, I got sick of always taping them, then it was a real pain to change the #'s over when I had a double driver. This was my last try with magnetic #'s.

The result...

I forgot that I had them on, I was teaching the girlfriend how to drive stick and we went for a couple 80+ MPH blasts on the highway driving-girl.gif . I came back and they were still in place!!!!

I think the main problem with magnetic numbers is loose corners that catch air. Circles seem to cure that...for now.

David

BTW: I went with the 17" circles, thanks for the opinions! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.