Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Clewett Crankfire setup for 3.0 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
The title says it all / I am interested in swapping a MSD ignition kit complete with new wiring harness and all described in separate F/S listed herein. Or, option 2 (Vinney....) buy outright a Clewett system for my 6 single plug 3.0.

Thanks for looking.

forrest
sithot
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 11 2018, 08:58 PM) *

The title says it all / I am interested in swapping a MSD ignition kit complete with new wiring harness and all described in separate F/S listed herein. Or, option 2 (Vinney....) buy outright a Clewett system for my 6 single plug 3.0.

Thanks for looking.

forrest

I doubt anyone will swap a crank fire ignition for an MSD coil/points setup. I've got 2 MSD 6AL's NIB with coils and they aren't hot commodities.

Call Richard; he'll fix you up and you'll never look back. It's my next project for the 2.7RS engine in my otherwise "stock looking" '74 coupe.

Good luck.
colingreene
I have a msd box thats going to be coming out soon we could sell you.
IronHillRestorations
confused24.gif What happened Forrest? confused24.gif Retiring minds want to know! confused24.gif
forrestkhaag
Just wanted something to do.............. just sold out of Laguna Beach and have some loose change that the taxman will no longer have his/her greedy claws into anymore.... so i need somewhere safe to put the excess funds... like into one of the many holes in my 914... Ha!

Your wiring harness still works flawlessly in any case.

beerchug.gif

forrestkhaag
Finished the install today due to the help of my pal Kieth and all is good on the crankfire system / And flawlessly integrated to the Perry Kiel wiring harness previously made up for the x-MSD system.

Photos to follow

beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
Crank Fire Ignition bought and installed / FS - MSD AL-6 Digitial as new w/ new unused wiring harness and plugs etc. see pix / 200+ shipping
colingreene
you spelled Keith wrong.
Larmo63
He spelled "Kiehl" wrong too.
forrestkhaag
Thanks Mom(s).. I notice that the people to whom my misspellings are unintentionally misdirected don't give one hoot. The're busy.

And the people who misspell my name don't bother me too much either. Yelp thrives on people who have such time....... writing a rat-rant on a bad piece of asparagus.........

sheeplove.gif me.

welcome.png
forrestkhaag
For those with one to sell / mine went out at 235usd all in and a fairly local shippment.... fyi

cheers

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.