Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for 2.0L Valve Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve H
Hello,
I'm asking the vets on the board for a source in So Cal for stock valve springs for a '74 GA Case 2.0L pair of heads. I had a bad day at Fat Performance today and will obviously not be going back. I have a pair of heads that were rebuilt maybe 15-20 years ago and were never mounted on the engine. The heads have been sitting inside (closed plastic tub) since being rebuilt.They are near perfect and only needed new valve springs. I was told that their "source" could no longer provide stock springs so am reaching out to maybe find a source. Thanks for your help. I sincerely appreciate it.
Mark Henry
dp
Steve H
Thank you sir. That will work.
sithot
QUOTE(Steve H @ Jun 12 2018, 12:02 AM) *

Hello,
I'm asking the vets on the board for a source in So Cal for stock valve springs for a '74 GA Case 2.0L pair of heads. I had a bad day at Fat Performance today and will obviously not be going back. I have a pair of heads that were rebuilt maybe 15-20 years ago and were never mounted on the engine. The heads have been sitting inside (closed plastic tub) since being rebuilt.They are near perfect and only needed new valve springs. I was told that their "source" could no longer provide stock springs so am reaching out to maybe find a source. Thanks for your help. I sincerely appreciate it.

Bad day? popcorn[1].gif
Steve H
QUOTE(sithot @ Jun 12 2018, 04:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve H @ Jun 12 2018, 12:02 AM) *

Hello,

Bad day? popcorn[1].gif

When I dropped off the rebuilt heads to have the valve springs replaced, I was told that the cost was going to be "cost of springs" plus shop labor to R&R valve springs and retainers.(part of 1 hour) I agreed and asked to be called when the "head guy" got back from lunch with the total cost. After making the drive back home-one hour 15minutes, I got a call telling me that the guy needed to break down the heads and "inspect" them for an additional $50 bucks up front. I asked him how you can "inspect" the heads without first removing the valve springs? No answer. I was just told that the "head guy" and the "boss" made the decision. Did I want to go ahead with the work? HELL NO, not going to happen. I turned around and drove back down to Orange and picked them up and then, made the long drive home again. I wonder if it was worth it to try and squeeze a customer for an additional 50 bucks? I'm done with Fat/Rimco.
porschetub
European Motorworks have them @ a good price.
I think because they put "their "name on the heads they wanted to inspect them,I certainly wouldn't fit heads that had been sitting that long,replacing valve springs isn't an inspection.
What would you have said if there was an issue after assembling your motor because they just "slapped" them back together without checking,just saying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.