Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's call it wart reduction, not removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
I'm starting an engine swap at Rothsport when this caught my eye. I thought I'd share.
Interesting idea for those that don't want to weld up the hole in the fender.
Maybe its been done before, but I don't remember seeing it.
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That's not a bad alternative to the wart. I have grown to like the warts as they came from Germany. But at one point, I would have definitely considered doing that to make them more "aerodynamic". beerchug.gif
Spoke
That almost looks like a reflector, not a lens. If it's a light it would have to be recessed behind the metal of the fender.
cary
Just a reflector. No light.
Larmo63
Somebody has to say it; those look terrible.

I'll stick with the warts until (or if) I do flares.

Not my cup of tea.
Cairo94507
OK, upon reflection (see what I did?) I am going to agree with Larmo, Cary and Spoke - looks bad. In my defense, I am only two cups in so far.
Ansbacher
+1 with Larmo. That looks like a reflector you'd slap on a redneck trailer or rusted out pickup truck. Why, why, why, do people not like the original warts????

Ansbacher
rhodyguy
$$$. Plus new rubber tubes for the wiring.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jun 12 2018, 01:13 PM) *

+1 with Larmo. That looks like a reflector you'd slap on a redneck trailer or rusted out pickup truck. Why, why, why, do people not like the original warts????

Ansbacher

What warts? evilgrin.gif
jdamiano
The reflector is not working for me but I would pay money for a low profile replacement lens in clear with yellow bulbs. No plans for flairs or paint anytime soon so I’m stuck with them sticking out.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jun 12 2018, 02:02 PM) *

The reflector is not working for me but I would pay money for a low profile replacement lens in clear with yellow bulbs. No plans for flairs or paint anytime soon so I’m stuck with them sticking out.

agree.gif
I've said for ages there would be a market for stock-ish looking low profile wart.

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jun 12 2018, 12:13 PM) *

Why, why, why, do people not like the original warts????

Ansbacher

Ummm... because they're fugly. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
What about the later VW tiny little side marker lights. I think they'd look out of place but if you don't want the wart and you do want a side marker light???
SirAndy
Quick google search:

https://www.johnsonssurplus.com/products/2-...ASABEgKaePD_BwE

IPB Image IPB Image
Front yard mechanic
im kinda digging theseClick to view attachment
marksteinhilber
The with and with-outs. I'll take one of each!Click to view attachment
Mueller
Not digging the commercial trailer reflector lens.

I was going to remove my "warts" however decided to keep once I bought the Spoke LED lights for my car, I figure I want max exposure and lights when I start driving my 914 again.
don-6
The side marker in the first post looks similar to the ones Porsche installed on the early 924. They were amber in front and red at the rear.
There was a 914 back in the day that someone had installed them in place of the 914 warts.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.