Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really Simple Newb Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
electrolime
I just pickup up a project porsche 914. I have never owned one of these before and really haven't taken a look at it yet. I just need to know where the fuel pump is located and what the best way to reach it is. The person I bough it from said it had a bad fuel pump so that's the first thing I am going to try.

Thanks for the help
TravisNeff
Which year car?

cars from 70-74 had their fuel pumps in the engine compartment on the passenger front corner (you must get to it from below).

75-76 cars had thier fuel pumps in the front trunk under the gas tank. There is a removable "blister' panel to get to it.

Common change on the early cars is to move the fuel pump up front. They may have done it like the 75-76, or they may have it under the gas tank (where you need to remove the tank). There is an access hole under the car, you need to jack up the car, remove the front splash pan (under and inbetween the front wheels) and there is an access hole to the bottom side of the tank.
ArtechnikA
Travis has covered it, but i did want to add:

WELCOME !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.