Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very OT, but cool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
So I got a call that a fashion company wanted to use one of my cars in a photo shoot, sounds cool, right? They wanted the Mustang, a 65 Fastback. The shoot was fun, my car, a vintage dirt track, a 6 year old, and a smoke machine!
The photographer was nice enough to get some shots of me going around the track, that was fun!
Cairo94507
Very cool and I love your Mustang! beerchug.gif
Mueller
Neat, why does the car ride so higher than normal?

My older stepsister was married to a guy that had an original Hertz Mustang, saw it a few times , then they divorced....no idea if he still has it.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 12 2018, 08:22 PM) *

Neat, why does the car ride so higher than normal?

My older stepsister was married to a guy that had an original Hertz Mustang, saw it a few times , then they divorced....no idea if he still has it.

Because I need new leaf springs in the rear, haven't got around to it yet. The ride should look like this.
Unobtanium-inc
Final shot, came from the drone.
Tom_T
Very Cool Hertz GT!

Most of them were thrashed by guys renting them to race on the weekend, then returned, repeat....

I saw a really nice restored one at the former Coronado Speedfest in San Diego a few years back when Mustang was the featured car.

We went to that one in my buddy's 2006 'Stang convertible DD'er using my PCA-SDR pass, he parked in the Mustang display corral, then got the surprise of his life getting to do a lap around the VARA "airport track" with the rest of the 'Stangs!
Made his day! biggrin.gif

But much more humble than your nice 65 Hertz GT.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 13 2018, 01:22 PM) *

Very Cool Hertz GT!

Most of them were thrashed by guys renting them to race on the weekend, then returned, repeat....

I saw a really nice restored one at the former Coronado Speedfest in San Diego a few years back when Mustang was the featured car.

We went to that one in my buddy's 2006 'Stang convertible DD'er using my PCA-SDR pass, he parked in the Mustang display corral, then got the surprise of his life getting to do a lap around the VARA "airport track" with the rest of the 'Stangs!
Made his day! biggrin.gif

But much more humble than your nice 65 Hertz GT.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Mine isn't a Hertz, just a dude with some rattle cans.
Tom_T
A master deceptor!

Looks cool anyway. beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
burton73
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 13 2018, 04:09 PM) *

A master deceptor!

Tom
///////

agree.gif

Bob B
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 13 2018, 03:09 PM) *

A master deceptor!

Tom
///////

At about 1/10 of the cost of a Shelby I'm ok with it. I like Mustangs but $100,000+ I don't like them that much. For that kind of money I much prefer a Porsche.
Tom_T
I your post here it with my Mustang buddy from the Speedfest story. He loved the pix too! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.