Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mather AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Steve had TTOD when I left after the morning run group. 101 & change
I was at 105 ish with prolly 10-20 cars in between us. I've got an In car vid to post iff'n I can find a spot for it. Other than the Gawd awful staging workers who seem to not have a clue as to how to deal with 2 lanes of dual drivers, a good time was had by all.

Steve is bloody fast....even worse, he's a nice fella.
Joe Ricard
What is it there is always someone else that is faster than the owner of the car.
105 seconds Damn thats a long course! driving.gif I would be getting tired after 4 timed runs and about 8 fun runs. mueba.gif

Steve_7x
JP...

Thanks for the compliments and kind words. It was nice to put a face to avatar (or lack of one ;-) !).

Yep the grid staging had something to be desired, but it was clearly a newbie doing the grid etc... Course was fast and the surface chnages from cocrete to asphalt and back were a hoot.

Joe...

the 101 was 1:01 or 61 seconds - still a decent length... what wa snice is that even the sl;ow corners allowed you to carry a fair amount of speed (ie not to tight).

For the rest I counted 6 914's a c ouple of 944's and 911's. I appreciate the strong showing - I hope that we have been able to wedge the door open a bit so we can have more events at Mather again.

Later!

Steve
grantsfo
Wow! Great job Steve and JP! I'm thinking Nor Cal PCA just gained some respect. Andrew B. cleaned our clocks at Alameda today.
Joe Ricard
oh yea I sorta knew that just didn't register right in the brain housing group.

Pensacola or Gulf Coast region had a 71 second course it was really a long way. 6 runs right in a row. August mid day heat. thought I was ging to die. Prolly would have if I wasn't so hyped up.
J P Stein
Steve even gave me a little pep talk before my last run.....It went sumthin like this....

He, What's wrong?...me, I aint going fast enuff...he, yeah, but other than that....
Me, blah, blah......so I dropped 2 sec off my last run. Very effective, Steve laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Well at least he didn't jump in your car and show you how it's done. I hate that.
My buddy rode with me and then held a 20 minute critique of my run. I rode while he drove all I could say was WOW....... then the blood returned to the vital organs again.
J P Stein
The results of the Mather SCCA AX have been posted here
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sacramento/index.html

Click on 2005 results then Shriners.

It's kind of a pisser. Apparently, those non-members aren't listed in the Overall times. They are listed somewhere in the "by class" results, but not as class winners???.

These Sacramento Region folks do not have their shit together. The way I see it, it's an insult to the "other" folks that came to play & contribute to the charity. All SCCA regions are NOT that clanish.

My results were about as I expected. I didn't beat everyone I shoulda beat....mediocre at 37th OA. I blame only meself..."old light foot" laugh.gif

Steve woulda been 6th OA
ConeDodger
JP,
I think that they were possibly a bit overwhelmed with that many people. I am a member, they couldn't even get my name spelled correctly. The drawing that was to be held at 12:30 didn't take place until about 4:00 in the afternoon. The same guy won the two top prizes, the tires and the free season of Solo II.

Still, they raised a lot of money for a good cause. We all had fun, even me with 21# in my right rear. I got a little too much sun. Got to meet some great people, and see some other great folks that I don't get to see often enough.

Steve, Why did you register as fun run? I was right, you only got beat by one kart and a single Corvette! Great job!!! I can't wait to see what it is like to drive my 914 on an autocross course...

Rob
Steve_7x
Rob,

I registered as a fun run as I am only running this one event, not for points etc... I also do not have a class as I am configured. For prepared I believe I am under weight and running 8"rims (vs 7") in the rear although this does not impact my tire choice one bit. I don't believe I am fully Modified - more in a Prepared but not sure. And since I was just there for giggles and grins I ran as a Fun Run.

I believe 2 vettes beat me... one by a tenth or two and the other by about .5 (a BP car). I also got taken by 3 carts, but I beat a couple of other karts ;-).

I would have been more disciplined on my fourth run if I had known I might get snookered by the vettes by a half a second. I felt I had a 60 if everything came together... I would have tried to grab 3rd before the chicane as an example.

One way or the other I am gald to be in the top 10 overall... still not bad for a 2.0l 4 banger! driving.gif

Steve
grantsfo
Dang! That B Prepared Vette was flying. 60.3 second run
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.