Ok background.... 914-6 combo

911 engine
90111600101 pressure plate
901 clutch disc
90111608111 realease bearing
As stated on invoice

Also replace the bushing cup in the throw out arm

All of this for 914 tranmission

I have installed all of this and there is no free play on the throw out arm. Its tight. Shouldnt there be some free play.

Any ideas???????
bd1308
if its NOT bolted up to the engine, there should be LOTS of free play. If it's not bolted up and there is no free play, you have a problem. did a clutch change today on my mess........
tommy914
Check for washers behind the pivot ball on the throwout fork. Remove until you get freeplay.
736conver
I will check for washer right now. Hopefully thats it. Be back in 30 minutes or so. Got to drop it down AGAIN..
ejm
Sometimes you need to remove the studs that hold on the throwout bearing guide collar and repl them with bolts. This will allow the bearing to sit a little deeper and give you more clearance. Put some Loctite on the pivot ball threads or it may work loose and cause an oil leak.
736conver
Well no luck.

I replace the studs to bolts for more clearance. And there were no washers under the pivot ball.

I do get full range of motion now when its off the engine. So I did gain some movement. But once its bolted back up to the engine no free play.

Ideas??
bd1308
what are you talking about? if you bolt the tranny to the engine and get no free play, thats okay, bc the fork is under major resistance......or at least from what i understand....now if you hook it all back up with the clutch wheel and etc. and it still doesnt work, you've got a problem.
736conver
Ok I guess then I am fine. I thought there was suppose to be a little free play there.
bd1308
well now lemme see if this is straight.....you split the engine/tranny and you can FREELY move the arm, right? then you put it back on the engine with all the bolts tight and you try the fork and no free play....right? if so then you're A-OK.
736conver
A-OK

bd1308
QUOTE (736conver @ Jun 11 2005, 07:49 PM)
A-OK

smile.gif over and out.
736conver
10-4 kemosabe

(simpsons quote)
Cap'n Krusty
I beg to differ witchyouse. There's ALWAYS some free play in there. BTW, there's supposed to be one washer inder the pivot ball. There's a problem with the clutch or with the cut of the flywheel. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.