Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for pre 76 VW van....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Yup...gonna do a sixer conversion on VW van....single/double cab, split window anything w/o rust.....what's out there....gonna be a tow vehicle for Manfred....
Trekkor
This sounds great.

Go for it!! rolleyes.gif

KT
Bleyseng
Got a Westy you can have for $4000.. its all there and it pretty good shape other than new seat covers.
Joe Bob
Send me some pics.....
356@cox.net
TravisNeff
a loaf! I think a double cab with the drop down sides and a six would be super kewl
736conver
Funny my bro just was just talking to me about a single cab, and I said he should throw a six in it.

It be one sweet ride.

736conver
MattR
clap.gif

another sweet vehicle for the "*" stable
i cant wait to see it done !!!
Joe Bob
yeah...now gotta convince the wif....the comments are unprintable.... blink.gif
scotty b
There is a pic of a single cab that has been stretched, carrying a 356 Speedster in a recent issue of Registry. I also recall a factory photo of a single cab being used to transport bodies from one building to another.
Cap'n Krusty
'73-'75 is best, the tail end is structurally able to bear the weight of the engine w/o any reinforcement. BTDT, more than once. Earlier models have a thin sheetmetal panel held in with 4 bolts and 8 sheet metal screws ............... The Cap'n
Joe Bob
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jun 11 2005, 06:48 PM)
There is a pic of a single cab that has been stretched, carrying a 356 Speedster in a recent issue of Registry. I also recall a factory photo of a single cab being used to transport bodies from one building to another.

Can ya scan it? My Registry subscription starts next month...
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 11 2005, 06:58 PM)
'73-'75 is best, the tail end is structurally able to bear the weight of the engine w/o any reinforcement. BTDT, more than once. Earlier models have a thin sheetmetal panel held in with 4 bolts and 8 sheet metal screws ............... The Cap'n

Yeah I know...if I did an early one it would need a rear engine mount that I would tie into the tow hitch that I would have to fabricate......be fun making it though...it's amazing how much I've learned destroying the last three or four cars I've had.

My cab might just be on the road again next month....Frank....6 weeks. Manfred....hey it still runs and I get the shifter rod in it next week so I can actually find fourth and fifth w/o having a heart attack....
markb
I'll make ya a hell of a deal on the bus body we pulled the 2.4 out of. wink.gif

Oh, yeah, you said no rust.....never mind. smile.gif

BTW, come up to where I store my tubs. Single cabs, double cabs, doors on both sides, pretty much anything you want. Some have rust, some not. Bring money. laugh.gif

Oh yeah, he just brought in a Chevy Greenbriar the other day. Corvair motor in a van. Runs good. Very different.
URY914
biggrin.gif
URY914
biggrin.gif
URY914
clean
URY914
Just go on Samba.com.
(but you knew that)
Joe Bob
Everyone on the Samba thinks they are worth a billon dollars.

Example...needs tires, paint, some interior $9K....yeah it's a split window....BFD, stock 1300cc motor from a bug, not even original....
Mark Henry
Ever try to restore or paint a splitty? Do one (the right way) and you'll know what I'm talking about.

They are going way up in value and they are expensive to restore.

Our 67 splitty smile.gif
Joe Bob
Here's one cheap....

user posted image
URY914
The above pictures were stolen from Pelican Parts.
-Wayne
Joe Bob
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jun 12 2005, 07:19 AM)
The above pictures were stolen from Pelican Parts.
-Wayne

Ummmm, duh.... bootyshake.gif
Katmanken
I know where there are two nice ones in Alaska...

One is a camper and one is a passenger van. Neither runs and there is a rebuilt engine in a crate.

It's amazing how well things last up there.

Low UV, and the cold preserves stuff.... These weren't driven in the salt...

Pat tried to get me to take them back with me......

Ken

914ghost
I know the guy who actually has the Inch Pincher Car Hauler.
The exact pickup! He wanted to sell it a year or so ago...not sure if he ever did, but it was there and intact loacted on the rigth coast somewhere.
And...not sure about the price. I can email his ass and see if it still around.
Bob O
user posted image
Joe Bob
That would be fun....
Bleyseng
John Walker is doing up a 67 double cab witha 2.4 911 motor. Pretty clean bus and he's done this a few times too.
Joe Bob
Second choice.....that Inch Pincher is #1....
Bleyseng
Here is the one in my front yard. If you come and get it please don't hurt the tree!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.