Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World 11th Annual BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
The 11th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on Saturday August 4th 2018. So save the day!

If possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, BratsPulled Pork , Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys.

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to Central Ave to help direct you on your way.
GaroldShaffer
Some pictures of past years events.
Chris H.
I'm in this time. Thanks for doing this Garold!
Bartlett 914
Hi Garold. I have missed the last few. I will try harder to make this one. It is always a good time!
914forme
Added to the calendar, who knows what my travel will look like by August dry.gif
gms
I will be there!!!
Camaro Mike
I'll be there. Thanks for doing this again Garold!
McMark
On the calendar! thumb3d.gif

Gave this a free highlight too! cool_shades.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 21 2018, 07:05 AM) *

On the calendar! thumb3d.gif

Gave this a free highlight too! cool_shades.gif

beerchug.gif
KevinW
Garold, I have had this on my radar for a few years. With or without my 914 I plan on attending this year.
Kevin
Freezin 914
QUOTE(KevinW @ Jun 24 2018, 06:46 PM) *

Garold, I have had this on my radar for a few years. With or without my 914 I plan on attending this year.
Kevin

I went last year for the first time, I had a great time, and met some wonderful people!
I say take advantage, not to many 914 gatherings in the upper MidWest! driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif about a month out. Hope you can make it out.

GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif piratenanner.gif drunk.gif chowtime.gif w00t.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just under 2 weeks to go. piratenanner.gif
gms
We are starting the count down!
piratenanner.gif
ClayPerrine
I was googling the distance from Texas to see if it was feasible for me to show up and get some free BBQ. It's 15 hours from my house to yours.

Not this year. Maybe next year with the 4 Liter car.....

But I looked on google maps street view, and here is what I saw:

Click to view attachment

Getting your 914s on Google Maps is Cool!!! cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif

oh.. and Nice house.
gms
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 27 2018, 02:45 PM) *

I was googling the distance from Texas to see if it was feasible for me to show up and get some free BBQ. It's 15 hours from my house to yours.

Click to view attachment

oh.. and Nice house.

there are many more cars now
shades.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Jul 27 2018, 03:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 27 2018, 02:45 PM) *

Click to view attachment

oh.. and Nice house.

there are many more cars now
shades.gif

confused24.gif What, I don't a 914 problem. shades.gif good thing the garage doors were closed so you didn't see the hoard of parts an the other two 914s that were in there when this pictures was taken. blink.gif
mlindner
God, wish I could make it. Love to meet you all. Best, Mark from Merrimac WI
orthobiz
Wife having surgery so I will be a dutiful husband here in Michigan. Actually, it's elective surgery so I really don't have an excuse.

Anyway, your garage was PACKED when I saw you a month ago. NO WAY it's gonna be empty for the event!!!!

Have fun, next year for sure.

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 28 2018, 09:13 PM) *

Anyway, your garage was PACKED when I saw you a month ago. NO WAY it's gonna be empty for the event!!!!

Just one parts car to drop engine and front suspension then haul it away, sweep the garage, and setup. All will be done by Friday afternoon. Oh and I am working at the hospital 4 days this week also. screwy.gif

I work better under pressure. slap.gif

Sorry you can't make it, but the wife comes first.

icon_bump.gif 5 days and counting.....................
Vapor_locked
I can't believe It's already here, thought I'd bump this like, a week or two ago!!! huh.gif

Nothing like a little challenge to light a fire Garold! lol-2.gif

I'll see everyone Saturday, safe travels to everyone driving any distance to attend! beerchug.gif
McMark
I'll be there. boldblue.gif
GeorgeRud
Won’t be able to attend, but wishing everyone a great day with fellow enthusiasts!
orthobiz
Post lots of pics. And put names with faces. (Please)

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 3 2018, 02:01 PM) *

Paul

No promises, but I will try. Every year I do the same thing start talking with everyone, forget to take pictures and only realize it after almost everyone has left. slap.gif

KevinW
Spending the night in Rockford, drive the rest of the journey in the morning.
fixer34
Thanks again Garold. Good weather, good food, good friends.Click to view attachment
Camaro Mike
Thanks Garold! Some more pictures from Today's BBQ.
worn
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 3 2018, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 3 2018, 02:01 PM) *

Paul

No promises, but I will try. Every year I do the same thing start talking with everyone, forget to take pictures and only realize it after almost everyone has left. slap.gif

Wow, I missed it again, and feel stupid. Had a nice drive in the summer night with both crickets and fireflies tho last night.
RolinkHaus
Sorry I missed the BBQ, post some pics drooley.gif
KevinW
Thank you Garold for putting on the BBQ. The wife and I had a wonderful time and met some great people. Look forward to coming again next year.

Cheers Kevin
Vapor_locked
Thank you Garold, Julie & family for graciously hosting the 914BBQ again. It was a great time, and it was great seeing everyone! Thank you to Mike Fitton, for the swag, greatly appreciated!

Sadly, I took only 2 pictures that aren't even worth posting, but I did get some real crappy video of the B-17 that kept doing fly-overs later in the afternoon lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.