Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fenders rolled??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
The car is heading my way from MA to Ca. do the tires in the rear look to be stock fitting or are they wider and maybe the fenders have been rolled?

V8 914
914GT
What size tire is on there? A 225 on a 16" rim would need the fender rolled.
drive-ability
QUOTE (914GT @ Jun 11 2005, 08:06 PM)
What size tire is on there? A 225 on a 16" rim would need the fender rolled.

I can't tell and didn't ask the previous owner. He is hard to contact and just thought I would ask.
TravisNeff
They look like 7" fuchs on the car, that would have some fender massaging to get the tire under the fender. Wether the lips were rolled up or the fender pulled out????
Andyrew
The fender does look like it is stretched/rolled... yes.

Look at the lines of reflection.

mack914
Rolled and stretched!!!! cool_shades.gif cool_shades.gif
xsboost90
yeah thats bout the only way to fit them, tug, pull and roll....
914gem
Rich Johnson, myself and a few others run 7in in rear with stock fenders. We moved the hub in which sets the wheel in. Mine is 3/4 inch in and I run 911 axles and stubs without spacers, they bolt right in. There are a couple of ways to do this. First is to cut a section from your hub housing, cut hole for caliper and box hole or run 911 caliper. Second is to move the mounting bar, box trailing arm and use an extended shock mount bolt. I like the second best because I pick up better control in tight turns, great for AX
jd74914
QUOTE (914gem @ Jun 12 2005, 12:23 PM)
Rich Johnson, myself and a few others run 7in in rear with stock fenders. We moved the hub in which sets the wheel in. Mine is 3/4 inch in and I run 911 axles and stubs without spacers, they bolt right in. There are a couple of ways to do this. First is to cut a section from your hub housing, cut hole for caliper and box hole or run 911 caliper. Second is to move the mounting bar, box trailing arm and use an extended shock mount bolt. I like the second best because I pick up better control in tight turns, great for AX

Could you post a pic of your setup, I've seen some pics of Johnsons but that was a long time ago
914gem
Will be doing a couple of customer cars this summer. I'll try and do a how to with pictures of both set ups. Can show alot more detail off the car. Or you can send me your trailing arms and a $1000.00 and have yours done.
jd74914
Ok. Pictures are good when you get around to doing one. The only pictures I've ever seen where while they were on the car biggrin.gif
goose2
I have a set of 911 hubs, stubs, axles, CV's, and drive flanges for sale if anyone needs them for this setup...also might be interested in how to use them myself. Looking forward to more info.
914gem
All you need is a 3/4 in spacer. First time I did it I made a 3/4 spacer from an old 911 CV joint. I did and maybe someday will again make aluminum spacers.
drive-ability
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jun 12 2005, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (914gem @ Jun 12 2005, 12:23 PM)

Could you post a pic of your setup, I've seen some pics of Johnsons but that was a long time ago

The car has a 930 transmission, with 930 suspension and brakes along with the appropriate axles etc. That might explain why they fit?
914gem
Rich is still running a 901 with modified 914 trailing arms. You can email him at A914GUY@aol.com. He likes to talk about his car and the tricks he has done on it, he also sells some neat parts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.