Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I got the interior parts done for my six conversion, and I just thought I might share some pictures with everyone.

Driver's door.

ClayPerrine
Passenger door, plus the left front of Betty's 914.
ClayPerrine
Dash, Left side view.
ClayPerrine
Dash, right side view.
ClayPerrine
Close up of glove box door. I need to take the knee pad off and cover the red strip below the glove box with black vinyl.

ClayPerrine
Seats and back pad.

ClayPerrine
Console close up.

TravisNeff
Lookin good Clay, are those the GTS seats?
ClayPerrine
Koenig seats. Got them off Evilbay. They looked so good I had the rest of the interior done with the same material.

Still have to put the back pad in properly and put the tracks on the seats (they are just sitting in there for storage).
914GT
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 11 2005, 09:27 PM)
Close up of glove box door. I need to take the knee pad off and cover the red strip below the glove box with black vinyl.

Looks real good Clay. I thought you had deliberately put a red accent across the dash to go with your door panels and seats.
ClayPerrine
I did put the red accent on the knee pad, but under the glove box there is a 1/4 inch wide strip that is exposed. I need to cover it so the dash looks right.
snflupigus
dash / gauge cluster stock for the 6's or is this custom?
redshift
WTG Dood! Period 911 look! I did that kind of! I like the red.

M
MattR
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Jun 11 2005, 11:26 PM)
dash / gauge cluster stock for the 6's or is this custom?

Thats a Getty dash, if im not mistaken. http://www.gettydesign.com/

Very nice car clay! I love the engine combo biggrin.gif Do you have the capability of posting a sound (or even better a video!) clip when it comes together?
BIGKAT_83
Thats as good as it gets. Its great, by far the nicest 914 interior I've ever seen.

Bob
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 12 2005, 02:37 AM)
WTG Dood! Period 911 look! I did that kind of! I like the red.

M

Project started out as "build it from what was available in the Porsche parts bin from 73. I pushed it a little to get the 74 struts so I could use the 911 S aluminum calipers. But then I got some 944 turbo calipers for the front and rear and the 944 turbo axles for the rear. The 16" Fuchs front and rear were not available in 73-74, but the style was available in a 15".

Everything else on the car was from the Porsche parts bin from 73. It's how Porsche could have made the 914.

I keep wondering if I should put the 911 S brakes on it so it would be a period car.

Opinions????

anderssj
Very nice work!
Rusty
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 12 2005, 07:27 AM)
Opinions????

I always knew you were a wannabe whine'n'cheese guy... wink.gif
tat2dphreak
damn nice Clay!! very slick! smilie_pokal.gif
brp914
Opinions????

beautiful work.

my .02 - dont mix der aer und der wasser. Put the S brakes on - also more cache due their rarity.
smg914
Clay,

Nice work on the interior!!!!

Is your steering wheel just a stock wheel with the stock horn button removed and a early 911 horn button added to look like a GT wheel? Or is there more to the story?

Steve
ClayPerrine
To Lawrence..... finger.gif At least my car isn't PURPLE!!!

The steering wheel is an original 914/6 NOS leather covered wheel. I got it new in the box. It even has a 914 part number on it. The center cap is from the 68 912 that was the donor for the steering column and the clamshells. The same part was used on the 914/6 GT. It makes it harder to accidentally hit the horn. wacko.gif

As for the brakes, I kinda want to keep it period, but I also want to be able to take it to a DE without worring about brake fade. I have the 911 S aluminum front calipers, and they work, and I have the 911 M calipers with the spacers for the rear. I would have to buy the rotors for the 911 stuff, I already have the rotors for the 944 brakes.

Opinions about the brakes?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.