Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Story of the greatest chase on film
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html
firstknight13
i had a "68" charger and i used to eat mustangs 289 all day long!!! they couldn't believe i was only runnin' a stock 318 orange. for those who don't know the orange motors were high pro engines. those were the good old days!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
I thought in Bullet he was running a 390 bad boy.
URY914
I guess it is only us old guys that know the true importance of that classic.
I bet I've seen that chase 15 times.

Paul
TimT
I remember I ducked

GWN7
Cool read of the story....saw the movie in a theater when it came out. My stomach "jumped' with the cars...

beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Time to buy the DVD and go watch it on the bud's 52" HighDef tv.
Maybe get some Kettle corn and Rootbeer too. beerchug.gif
jimtab
I agree that it was an amazing film, I saw some of it get shot. BUT, if you think these guys thought this stuff up, check out the career of Remy Julien, a french stunt driver who pioneered crazy street sequences. See the original Italian Job with the "real" minis...this guy was doing this stuff 5 years before Bullit....I think he is where they got the idea for some of the stuff....Bullit had drivers who were as good but the original ideas may have come from Europe....Remy's stuff is amazing...check it out.
i love porsche
i absolutely love that chase scene. ive never seen bullit all the way through..but ive seen that scent at least 5 times....freaking awesome

i still like le mans better though =]
Elliot_Cannon
Bullet, Ronin, To live and Die in LA. Great chase scenes. Also Borne Identity and Borne Supremecy. But for most carnage, Gotta be Blues Brothers.
Cheers, Elliot
grantsfo
Bullitt definitely is the classic.

Ronin and Bourne Identity are my other favorite movies with great car chase scenes - great driving!

Have you seen the Boxitt spoof? Pretty funny

http://www.tobygaines.com/boxitt.mov
Aaron Cox
a classic indeed...

anyone count how many times the green beetle shows up in the chase scene? biggrin.gif
URY914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jun 12 2005, 09:08 PM)
a classic indeed...

anyone count how many times the green beetle shows up in the chase scene? biggrin.gif

You're right. I'm surprized that they didn't see that when they edited the cuts and do something about it.

But I'm sure they didn't think a bunch of motorheads would be picking it apart 40 years after it was made. wacko.gif

Paul
redshift
Anytime you are in a room full of people, and it's on... they all stop talking, and hold their breath.

smile.gif

M
URY914
But you know they could have been so concerned about what was going on in the foreground they forgot about the background.

Like in this picture. Look out the window.
This was shown on a real estate website trying sell the house.
redshift
lmao

I remember seeing that before smile.gif

M
street legal go-kart
Miss Encinas seems to have some facts wrong.
There were four primary cars but I belive that they used up 9-10 Chargers and 13 Mustanges , one of which they stuffed into the first floor of an office building along the route. My grandfather worked on the 9th floor. Not all of the cars were prepared the same, some setup for jumping and some for the high speed runs and turns.
In one of the jump sequences you can see the frame of the Mustang collapse as the landing occures. Any one who has launched a car of this vintage will tell you that on every landing stuff breaks no mater how modified the car is.

Still great after all these years.

JT
firstknight13
ok you old guys how about the chase scene i "dirty mary and crazy larry" mopar rules!! AFTER THE TEENER that is smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.