Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glove box repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
erwindv
Previous owner cut out a piece of the glove box to install gauges were the radio was initially located.
I want to use the glove box from a later model (smaller) to replace the missing piece.

Any idea how to attach it into the glove box (fiber glass, glue, ...)?

Click to view attachment
raynekat
Click to view attachment

There's a strap that's supposed to be inside your dash that holds the glove box in....
erwindv
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jun 19 2018, 09:32 AM) *

Click to view attachment

There's a strap that's supposed to be inside your dash that holds the glove box in....

Yes, I still have got the strap but want to cut out the missing piece from one glove box and "glue" it into the other one.

Click to view attachment
barefoot
you could ue some fiberglass patch epoxied on to the outside surface once you cut the replacement patch to size. I did this to strengthen my pedal board.
Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(erwindv @ Jun 19 2018, 01:55 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Yes, I still have got the strap but want to cut out the missing piece from one glove box and "glue" it into the other one.

Click to view attachment

Why? Seems like a lot of effort. Is yours an early model and you can't located the wider box?
erwindv
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 19 2018, 03:28 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Why? Seems like a lot of effort. Is yours an early model and you can't located the wider box?

No, to install I need the early, wider one with the missing piece and I have a spare, smaller one.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(erwindv @ Jun 19 2018, 06:33 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 19 2018, 03:28 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

No, to install I need the early, wider one with the missing piece and I have a spare, smaller one.

I would post a WTB in the classified section to find an early glove box. I would think someone might have one available. There is a FS ad in the classified now for a full 71 part out. Contact the seller and see if he/she has one.
worn
QUOTE(erwindv @ Jun 18 2018, 10:17 PM) *

Previous owner cut out a piece of the glove box to install gauges were the radio was initially located.
I want to use the glove box from a later model (smaller) to replace the missing piece.

Any idea how to attach it into the glove box (fiber glass, glue, ...)?

Click to view attachment

I have used shellac as a binder, along with epoxy, acrylic, and white glue. It is paper mâché no mater how you slice it.

I hate installing these things though. Don't make it too inflexible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.