Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summit Point and V8 914's question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
HalfMoon
I'm wondering if their are any members who have converted 914's (to sbc) with a 901 trans-axle who have noted their corner exit RPM's at Summit Point Motorpark WV?
I don't have a computer to log my exit rpm's and I'm building a new bottom end but need to know this data so I can correctly match a camshaft.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Jun 19 2018, 05:54 AM) *

I'm wondering if their are any members who have converted 914's (to sbc) with a 901 trans-axle who have noted their corner exit RPM's at Summit Point Motorpark WV?
I don't have a computer to log my exit rpm's and I'm building a new bottom end but need to know this data so I can correctly match a camshaft.

FWIW My /6 has a stock geared 901 running 225/45/15's...you can see my rpm's on the tach on part of the track in a short video...sorry I didn't upload a whole lap...you'll see why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8L2n3Jsx0
Andyrew
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 22 2018, 04:24 AM) *

FWIW My /6 has a stock geared 901 running 225/45/15's...you can see my rpm's on the tach on part of the track in a short video...sorry I didn't upload a whole lap...you'll see why.

911 blow a coolant line?
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 22 2018, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 22 2018, 04:24 AM) *

911 blow a coolant line?

Nope, look closely...tri-sected a deer...head to track right, torso into the car, hind part to track left...
I immediately went and bought a full face helmet.
sithot
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 23 2018, 07:06 AM) *

Nope, look closely...tri-sected a deer...head to track right, torso into the car, hind part to track left...
I immediately went and bought a full face helmet.

Useful things bitd. We use Ranch Hand or better on the farm. wink.gif

Racer
Corner exits rpm are a function of gear and speed. I can take the same corner in 4th at 2500rpm or in 3rd at 3200rpm.. Or if I take a corner at 85mph and you take it at 65mph.. Guess I am wondering what you hope to improve upon by comparing others data points.

Also consider that other tracks do exist and if you build a motor for a specific track, you might have less fun elsewhere. The really serious folks build a motor first, then swap gearboxes to keep it in the powerband for particular tracks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.