Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 914-6 For Sale. Very original.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Gcthielen
https://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-po...6590828674.html

Call anytime for more info.
George Thielen
Dayton Ohio
937-671-0768Click to view attachment
gereed75
Nice car! Good luck with sale

Check that gold Cairo. Wow
Gcthielen
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jun 19 2018, 09:56 AM) *

Nice car! Good luck with sale

Check that gold Cairo. Wow

Thanks! As best I can tell, it’s one of only four surviving Gold Metallic factory sixes.
This one was repainted gold in 1979 but luckily has original paint on the door jambs, floors and underhood and in the trunk and frunk. Now it has a pretty cool patina vibe.
iwanta914-6
I was going to say that I don't think I've ever seen one in Gold Metallic. Very nice, good luck!
Gcthielen
After seeing Mike’s car sell for mid 80’s all in, I feel mine might be a little high at 78. Please feel free to discuss any interest and make an offer if interested.
Thanks,
George 937-671-0768
DRPHIL914
" great patina" LOL!! yea I prefer no rust if I am paying $80k for a car - but with the current environment, a legit question is, is it worth more as is, unrestored all original , or more if it were repainted??
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 29 2018, 08:56 AM) *

" great patina" LOL!! yea I prefer no rust if I am paying $80k for a car - but with the current environment, a legit question is, is it worth more as is, unrestored all original , or more if it were repainted??

agree.gif This is a legit question. I'v seen old motorcycles and such valued higher in un-restored condition. I think today's financial climate any thing is possible. Certainly valuable in the condition it's in but for me, I'd rather it be nice and shiny.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 29 2018, 04:56 AM) *

Paint is not original it had a respray of the gold in 1979. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...-63k-miles.html
Gcthielen
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 29 2018, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 29 2018, 04:56 AM) *

Paint is not original it had a respray of the gold in 1979. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...-63k-miles.html

Correct! One quickie respray in 1979. The jambs, frunk and trunk and floors in and outside are all original. I wet sanded the quickie respray and matte clear coated the outside to preserve it so it can be enjoyed as is or eventually restored.
Cairo94507
That's a terrific '71 Six. Since my car was originally one the 4 gold metallic '71's and it is no longer gold metallic, you may have 1 of 3. My car is 0372; what's your VIN? Great car and in nice condition. At that price I would expect it to sell quickly. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
stevesc_us
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 29 2018, 10:41 AM) *

That's a terrific '71 Six. Since my car was originally one the 4 gold metallic '71's and it is no longer gold metallic, you may have 1 of 3. My car is 0372; what's your VIN? Great car and in nice condition. At that price I would expect it to sell quickly. GLWTS. beerchug.gif

Speaking of which Cairo, when is your car going to be done?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Gcthielen @ Jun 24 2018, 09:16 AM) *

After seeing Mike’s car sell for mid 80’s all in, I feel mine might be a little high at 78. Please feel free to discuss any interest and make an offer if interested.
Thanks,
George 937-671-0768

i love the car and the color! wish i could be a buyer, just finishing up my 75 Copper Metallic. you never know who is looking and bidding if its an auction. nothing would surprise me. i think the rare color big bonus, and your history and fairly low mileage you could see anything from $60k to $80k -
i wish you luck.
Gcthielen
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 29 2018, 12:41 PM) *

Mine is 0347. Was yours 5/71 production too?
George
914xr75
Love the color. If I had the money I would make it the crown jewel of my gold collection.Click to view attachment
Gcthielen
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Jun 29 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Love the color. If I had the money I would make it the crown jewel of my gold collection.Click to view attachment

I love it!
Cairo94507
Mine is a 5/71 production. Very cool that they are both still around. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Stevesc_us - My car is well under way after languishing in VA for 61 months. Kent (in CA) has barely had it 11 months and has perfected the chassis and body panels to the point where it is all metal finished. Unfortunately we needed to source some NOS panels to correct everything so it would be done right. Fret not, it is 99% ready for paint. beerchug.gif
euro911
I had a gold '71 (with a 1.7L) back in 1973. I like that color, it's pretty rare.
Gcthielen
Sold. Heading to the San Francisco area. Best wishes to the new owner!
George
Mueller
QUOTE(Gcthielen @ Jul 6 2018, 12:01 PM) *

Sold. Heading to the San Francisco area. Best wishes to the new owner!
George

congrats... hope to see it around.
BENBRO02
Beautiful car! I love the fact that it's such a unique color.
Cairo94507
I hope to see it here and driving around the area. beerchug.gif
onlyhill
I have car number 0076 in gold metallic.
stevesc_us
Happened to run into the guy buying this car earlier today. He is lookin forward to restoring it.
BENBRO02
I think he should drive it as is. Restoration could come later.
Gcthielen
There really is no wrong answer about what to do with the car (other than change the color!). It gets tons of attention for being driven in its current scruffy condition, but also is so original, it makes the perfect starting point for a full restoration. I wish it were staying closer, but am happy it found a good home. I'd like to maybe buy it back someday...
Larmo63
This is/was a fantastic looking car! I was only wondering about the passenger door fitment, usually doors sag, this one looked a bit high.

Maybe just an adjustment issue?
davesprinkle
Those pics and CL ad should be included in this thread for future documentation.
Gcthielen
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 8 2018, 01:44 PM) *

This is/was a fantastic looking car! I was only wondering about the passenger door fitment, usually doors sag, this one looked a bit high.

Maybe just an adjustment issue?

I don’t see any fitment issues. I believe that neither door has ever been off of the car.
Click to view attachment
davesprinkle
Scraped from the original CL ad.
Gcthielen
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Jul 12 2018, 11:19 AM) *

Scraped from the original CL ad.

Thanks for adding that! I am terrible at uploading photos!
Shipper is coming in a couple days...if anyone needs a photo of anything before it heads to San Francisco, let me know.
George
937-671-0768
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.