Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Help Mid Atlantic or Beyond?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Annapolis914
Need help with the restoration of a black 1974 2.0. Body work and paint needed. Interior not too bad but also needs restored. Bought from owner of 44 years but condition a bit worse than disclosed. Have a red one already done but shop which did work is unavailable.

Any suggestions? Don't mind shipping vehicle if needed.

Tried the usually recommended small shops in Virginia but they are too busy with a 2 year backlog. Don't want to wait quite that long.

Thanks in advance.
BeatNavy
May be a long shot, but right over the bridge and down RT 50 from you is CPR East in Easton, MD. http://cprclassiceast.com/wp/. They mostly work on 911's, but I was talking to them at one point about looking at my 914 project. At the time they told me they focused on total restoration projects, but it may be worth reaching out. POC is Bruce, I believe.
rgolia
Translog in York pa is worth checking into. Tony Miller is the owner
Annapolis914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jun 20 2018, 01:53 AM) *

May be a long shot, but right over the bridge and down RT 50 from you is CPR East in Easton, MD. http://cprclassiceast.com/wp/. They mostly work on 911's, but I was talking to them at one point about looking at my 914 project. At the time they told me they focused on total restoration projects, but it may be worth reaching out. POC is Bruce, I believe.

Thanks great referral, tried them a week or two ago and Bruce called me back but left him 3-4 more messages and never heard back. Thanks again
Annapolis914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jun 20 2018, 02:52 AM) *

Translog in York pa is worth checking into. Tony Miller is the owner

Will call him in a few thanks.
Matt Romanowski
The trip to and from the restorer is the cheapest and easiest part of the restoration, so I wouldn't limit your self to someone close.

Not sure if Chris at Tangerine is taking on projects like this, but he would be good if he is.

This question also depends on budget. That can open or close doors quickly.
iankarr
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jun 20 2018, 10:45 AM) *

The trip to and from the restorer is the cheapest and easiest part of the restoration, so I wouldn't limit your self to someone close.

Not sure if Chris at Tangerine is taking on projects like this, but he would be good if he is.

This question also depends on budget. That can open or close doors quickly.

agree.gif Hartford, CT isn’t far to go for an expert.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Kirk Schueman at automotivation in Fairmount Georgia, is doing a bunch of them, worth calling and talking, he is a perfectionist, recently did a 916. 770 877 5743

QUOTE(Annapolis914 @ Jun 20 2018, 02:13 AM) *

Need help with the restoration of a black 1974 2.0. Body work and paint needed. Interior not too bad but also needs restored. Bought from owner of 44 years but condition a bit worse than disclosed. Have a red one already done but shop which did work is unavailable.

Tried the usually recommended small shops in Virginia but they are too busy with a 2 year backlog. Don't want to wait quite that long.

Thanks in advance.
Annapolis914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 20 2018, 07:02 AM) *

Kirk Schueman at automotivation in Fairmount Georgia, is doing a bunch of them, worth calling and talking, he is a perfectionist, recently did a 916. 770 877 5743

QUOTE(Annapolis914 @ Jun 20 2018, 02:13 AM) *

Thanks in advance.

Thanks......spoke with Kirk and sent photos. Guess we will see what he says. Again, appreciate the referral.
crash914
So you tried Scotty?

How about Jack at Europro's? They are the best paint and body in the area.
Cairo94507
crash914 - Have you NOT seen what happened to my car at Scotty's? I would not refer anyone to Scott for anything. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.