Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 1975 2.0 backdated, exceptional condition. $22,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
SOLD I have an exceptionally nice 1975 914 2.0 available. Forest (Zambezi) Green, black original interior. S/N 4752902519. Thia car has a 1973 914 2.0 engine #GA003665, European spec, 100 DIN HP replacing the stock 84 HP 1975 engine. This engine is completely and properly rebuilt using Mahle European pistons and cylinders, new bearings on a std/std crankshaft, new stock grind camshaft. rebuilt heads with new exhaust valves, valve seats and valve guides. The engine retains the original fuel injection. New Bolsby FI harness. Runs excellent, no leaks. Also installed are the less restrictive 1973 2.0 heat exchangers and a new Bursch muffler. This car was completely disassembled for a high quality repaint of the original color, Forest Green, L 64 K, 10 years ago and still doesn't show any bubbles, rust, dents or flaws. There is no over spray from the repaint. The interior is stock and only has 2 small cracks in the dash top corner, not visible to the driver. This 914 was purchased 21 years ago from California and has not seen any Midwest winters. The chassis is as exceptional as the rest of the car with absolutely no rust in the floors, longitudinals, suspension, sail panels or door jams. No crashes, excellent panel gaps, rare original windshield. The brake calipers have been rebuilt, new brake hoses and master cylinder. All original features perform as new, even the windshield washer works. Options include fog lights, Fuchs alloy wheels, center console with working gauges, even the original clock keeps time! "Everything works"
This car idles, runs, drives, accelerates, upshifts, downshifts and stops the way it did 43 years ago except even better. $22,500. Brad Mayeur
Cairo94507
Bump for an exceptional car. GLWTS Brad. beerchug.gif
orthobiz
Forest Green 1975-76 is the renamed Zambezi Green of earlier years.
And the bumperettes are cool. I thought they were mandatory only in California and Maryland.

Oh, did I just bump this post??
LOL

Paul
Ferg
That is a good looking car, and for the money way ahead of many 914's I see selling in the teens. Spend now or spend later. Nice car.
914Next
Agree this looks like a very straight car! Good price on what appears to be a really clean driver quality car. Somebody needs this!
2mAn
am I the only one who read backdated and expected chrome bumpers?

I agree with others, this thing is still quite nice and should sell quick

Free bump (even though its already at the top haha)
GaroldShaffer
I have seen this in person. What a nice solid car! Well worth the asking price and more in my book.
Cal
Nice looking car. Question.....if a '75 2.0L with a non-matching number engine is selling for $22K, what's a matching numbers '75 2.0L worth in the same condition?
Mblizzard
Brad any chance to trade for a car that has pretty much $20K in mods?

2.3 175+ HP and new MicroSquirt FI.
914ltd
Back to the top.

Save money, time and frustration. Buy this car instead of restoring yours. 914-912-911 trades considered. Brad
orthobiz
I finally picked up my Light Ivory 1974 today at Brad's, the one that was recently listed (and sold to me) for around 30K.
Light Ivory

And I had a chance to see this green car in person.

The pictures simply do not do it justice, it is stunning. The repaint is virtually flawless, has the perfect look where the paint is not "too thick" and it has just the right hint of peel. Shiny as heck. I had a 1974 Zambezi green in the 80's and boy did this take me back to my youth! It's the British Racing Green of Germany.

So many cars go to auction on eBay or need a PPI or are listed on this site, but with 914ltd having already done the work, it's way better than an inspection...it's a guarantee! Believe me, Brad stands behind his work and would not let you be unhappy.

So, my spending 8K more on an admittedly more original 1974 2.0 liter with the right bumpers? Well, the engine is original to my car but this one is more powerful and has gotten rid of the restrictive exhaust that no one likes. And my radio is more original. And my driver's seat is a little more padded. To be honest, I would have bought this car in a second had it come up before my white one. Regrets? Not at all, I have a beautiful car and am happy.

But someone needs to pick this one up now, it has all the right stuff! No affiliation, just a happy customer who appreciates a great car. And this one really affected me!

Paul
bulliporker
just pity the green one did not arrive first as for me it has to be a ivory white car just cant find anything for sale like the one you bought of brad anywhere

orthobiz
Patience, my son, patience.
Put a feeler out as a separate thread, someone will likely help you!

Paul

QUOTE(bulliporker @ Jul 1 2018, 04:40 PM) *

just pity the green one did not arrive first as for me it has to be a ivory white car just cant find anything for sale like the one you bought of brad anywhere

bulliporker
many years ago I looked for nearly 20 years on and of for a mint 2.0 ivory white car but never found anything suitable then when I bought something else one turned up been looking again now for over 2 years and still not having much luck found a immaculate 1.7 but when you have your heart set on something particular it just wont do would love to see more pics of your car n cars, thanks paul for the encouragement
Larmo63
I expected back dated bumpers too. And, I'd call this Zambezi Green, you learn something new every day.

Another winner from the Midwest.

Nice car, free bump.
914ltd

New Interstate 42 battery installed. Still available!

orthobiz
This beauty must be gone by now...great car. Too bad I have four already!
Paul l
RolinkHaus
Any videos?
RolinkHaus
I am struggling whether to buy a track car or factory original, then modify it a bit. Probably at least modify the engine, lower it, add some Hella driving lights. beerchug.gif

My daily driver.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914ltd
SOLD
Thank You!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.