Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Me Decide!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Some of you have seen this thread. I started out on my 73 914 /6 conversion with the intention of using just parts that were available in the 73 or 74 Porsche parts bin. Kinda "what Porsche could have done with the 914 for 73. I managed to get a great deal on 944 turbo calipers, so I was going to use them on the car. But I have been having second thoughts.

Give me your opinion in the poll. Who knows, I might just change my mind and use the period brakes.

Motor started life as a 73 911 E motor. But it has been rebuilt with 2.2 pistons (10.3 to 1 compression), 906 cams, oversized valves, and a modified space cam for the MFI. Dyno sheet says 245Hp, all up real high on the power band. I will probably lose some of that using stock /6 heat exchangers.
iamchappy
944t is the setup I am running draw back is 23mm master cylinder is needed and proper rims for clearance.
J P Stein
How much brake do you need? I've never ran out of brake with the S-M setup (hummm, could have picked a better term biggrin.gif )......even with stock Pagid pads.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif unless you've got more than 240hp.

Post your HP in the first post so others can decide.
xitspd
I like to brake late....
ClayPerrine
Only 8 votes with 67 people looking at the thread??

Y'all are a bunch of lame-O friends.

C'mon, give me your honest opinion.

goose2
I'm no expert but I'd go with the biggest and best you can afford.
TimT
944T(951) or 993 brakes

with 944T rotors up front, and carrera rotors in the rear, ot if you luck out you may get a set of 993T rear clalipers, then you can run a 930 rear rotor.

you need to space the front hub out about 1/4" if you want to use the 944T/993 set up in the front.

the 3in caliper mounting in the rear isnt a biggie, you can get radial adapters made so you can have the rear calipers in the correct position

bwilless
I run the 944T on the front and the stock 914-6 fronts on the rear with a 19mm Master. I also have the 'T" instead of the proportion valve. This is a great setup. I put 200 HP down at the wheels and the car stops like a champ.
Series9
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jun 12 2005, 01:27 PM)
I like to brake late....

Or later.... cool.gif
CptTripps
agree.gif with Joe...

I'm going with the 996 setup for my next one...
JWest
This was always supposed to be a "period" car - stick to your plan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.