Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who else is using a 917 style key from keylow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Optimusglen
Just picked this up a week or two ago. A friend of mine makes them.

They do 3 colors right now, these are brass like the original factory stuff so it wont ruin your tumblers. I chose gold because it goes with the Porsche lettering on the engine lid.

IPB Image

Goes well with my pretty basic interior I think. Just need a subtle keyring to go with it.

IPB Image

I got it cut, at first he wasn't sure if it would work since these were made for 911's. But I knew that 914's used the same blank. Anyway, works exactly as you'd expect a freshly cut key to work, looks cool too. His website is thekeylow.com
mepstein
They are cool. A bit pricy at $50 but I guess you can have some backup keys with a regular blank.
Jameel
I'm using one in my 911 and love it. The larger grip actually feels better when turning the ingnition or unlocking doors.

Sorry to hijack, your sig says you have a '71, tell me about your steering wheel hub. Doesn't look like a Momo 8000. I'd love to run a Momo in my '71.
Optimusglen
QUOTE(Jameel @ Jun 21 2018, 11:40 AM) *

Sorry to hijack, your sig says you have a '71, tell me about your steering wheel hub. Doesn't look like a Momo 8000. I'd love to run a Momo in my '71.

It's a bit of a mishmash. I'm using the hub for a late car, if I remember correctly I had to modify it a bit and I no longer have turn signal cancellation.
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Jameel
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jun 21 2018, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Jameel @ Jun 21 2018, 11:40 AM) *

It's a bit of a mishmash. I'm using the hub for a late car, if I remember correctly I had to modify it a bit and I no longer have turn signal cancellation.

Thanks. That seems like it'd be a bit annoying though.
Larmo63
I've been using the eBay sourced version for quite a while. It's a very high quality part, my key guy said it is a difficult key blank to cut, but he did it.
Dieter
Q
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jun 21 2018, 10:13 AM) *

They do 3 colors right now, these are brass like the original factory stuff so it wont ruin your tumblers. I chose gold because it goes with the Porsche lettering on the engine lid.

Goes well with my pretty basic interior I think. Just need a subtle keyring to go with it.

I got it cut, at first he wasn't sure if it would work since these were made for 911's. But I knew that 914's used the same blank. Anyway, works exactly as you'd expect a freshly cut key to work, looks cool too. His website is thekeylow.com

welcome.png evilgrin.gif
Hello Optimusglen ,
I am new at this forum ,but a long time member if the PCA club and in contact with Armando .I am restoring prototyp cars since 30 years and maybe could help some people of you.In tbis moment i need the lock with the drilled key for a 908 car .Could you please help me or give me a direct email contact .Mine is eissner@utanet.at
I have made a reproduction of the orig.Momo steering wheel in italy ,diameter 36cm dashed, not the italian ones , which have 35 cm and is more flat.I have a original 917 protoipo new old stock in my garage which i bought 30 years ago at Porsche in Stuttgart and used that as a smple.100% correct.
I hope to hear from some nice peopleClick to view attachment
Dieter
QUOTE(Dieter @ Jun 28 2018, 06:32 AM) *

Q
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jun 21 2018, 10:13 AM) *

welcome.png evilgrin.gif
Hello Optimusglen ,
I am new at this forum ,but a long time member if the PCA club and in contact with Armando .I am restoring prototyp cars since 30 years and maybe could help some people of you.In tbis moment i need the lock with the drilled key for a 908 car .Could you please help me or give me a direct email contact .Mine is eissner@utanet.at
I have made a reproduction of the orig.Momo steering wheel in italy ,diameter 36cm dashed, not the italian ones , which have 35 cm and is more flat.I have a original 917 protoipo new old stock in my garage which i bought 30 years ago at Porsche in Stuttgart and used that as a smple.100% correct.
I hope to hear from some nice people

Please send me email contact ,much easier and quicker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.