Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Transport/shipper Regulations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
What the hel*
I am having my car transported and its in-op. I found out the carrier doesn't have the equipment to do the job. I guess having a winch is at least part of the tools needed. Well the owner (previous ) reported to me the car has been picked up but they didn't have the right tools to winch it up so they pushed it up. The driver put it on the back at the tail end. That holds one car and can move up and down so they can get cars past mine. Now I paid for a transporter with the right equipment. So I called the transporter Co and they didn't know a thing about it. They called me back later on and just said it's on it way to me. This really burns me up. I paid 1300 dollars to have it done correctly and what do I get, a bunch of carnival workers using glue and duct tape.
sj914
From what I experienced with shipping my car from So Cal, transport companies that do not have the fancy covered trailers with the elevator type platform usually want the car to be drivable, otherwise they'll have to push it up the ramps, pretty much the same thing that happened to me. The PO didn't tell the transport company that it was non-op and when they got there to pick up the car, they had to push the car up the ramp.
Joe Bob
Most of the companies except the high end ones are just brokers.

They will tell you want you wanna hear and then lay the blame on the subber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.