Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grassroots Motorsport Magazine Porzda Article
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
Grassroots Magazine sent out an email with the following article and photos:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/...mpaign=GRMDaily

Rob-O
I don’t think I’ve seen that before (a Miata engine in a 914). Makes sense though. Lots of products out there for all those guys racing’s miatas.

This car looks pretty cool. The air cleaner is a little small... biggrin.gif
Andyrew
If anyone has more pictures of the custom front suspension please post them, I am really curious.
Mueller
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jun 22 2018, 06:37 AM) *

I don’t think I’ve seen that before (a Miata engine in a 914). Makes sense though. Lots of products out there for all those guys racing’s miatas.

This car looks pretty cool. The air cleaner is a little small... biggrin.gif

I think many other Mazda and Ford 2.5 liter 4 cylinder motors directly swap over with those smaller Miata motors.

Neat build.
Jetsetsurfshop
At 1775lbs (driver and fuel) my question is what size is the fuel cell?
More pictures would be cool. Is this a members car?
driving.gif
URY914
Can't believe those rear shock towers are tied into the roll cage tubes.
Andyrew
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 22 2018, 02:45 PM) *

Can't believe those rear shock towers aren't tied into the roll cage tubes.

Probably some class rule.
GregAmy
Of all the engines you could install into a 914, I'm blinded by why they picked the Mazda truck engine (the Miata engines came from small pickups). The head flows terribly, and even the later MZR engines aren't that advanced.

A far, far better choice would have been the Honda K20. 9,000 screaming redline, baby! Miata drivers are constantly complaining about their power deficits to the K20, which has an excellent head design. Love my K20 in the Super Touring racer.

But, to each his own. Otherwise, nice ride.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.