Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Fresh Air
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
After removing the fresh air bower assembly, i’m Curious what has been done to direct the water that comes through the grill.
It looks like the frame that held the fresh air box could support a metal pan with a hose connected to drain the water away

Anyone made something like this .
Rand
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 22 2018, 04:16 PM) *

After removing the fresh air bower assembly, i’m Curious what has been done to direct the water that comes through the grill.
It looks like the frame that held the fresh air box could support a metal pan with a hose connected to drain the water away

JoeO (Series9) built a custom tray under with a drain. I remember it from the RS build, but that was many years ago.
Dave_Darling
IIRC, the box has two drains in the front corners. That's how the water is supposed to drain out.

--DD
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 22 2018, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 22 2018, 04:16 PM) *

JoeO (Series9) built a custom tray under with a drain. I remember it from the RS build, but that was many years ago.

That’s what i’d Like to see....,,
jim_hoyland
Found it, he posted a pic back in 2005. Said he TIG welded it
PlaysWithCars
I removed the motor and fan assembly from mine, because that's the vast majority of the weight, and seal the hole with a thin gauge aluminum plate. Then put the original plastic assembly back in place. Saved a lot of weight, didn't cost hardly anything, and no leaks.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Jun 22 2018, 10:46 PM) *

I removed the motor and fan assembly from mine, because that's the vast majority of the weight, and seal the hole with a thin gauge aluminum plate. Then put the original plastic assembly back in place. Saved a lot of weight, didn't cost hardly anything, and no leaks.

smilie_pokal.gif Same plan I have to do to my AX car.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Jun 22 2018, 08:46 PM) *

Good Idea agree.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.