Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So much progress!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racejoe
Took WThF off of work and my Dad flew into town. Had another friend come in too and boy did we get a lot of work done on the 914!!

Engine and Tranny re-removed (had been bolted back in just for moving from Ohio to Texas.

Engine and tranny split and engine put in the engine stand

New passenger side cross member fitted and welded in.

Seat hinges and ladder adjustment cleaned up, sand blasted and welded to the new floorpan (previously installed.)

Front and rear trunk floors cleaned, wirebrushed, welded where necesary and primed.

New patch panel fabricated and welded in to fix small area on the drivers side floor pan.

New patch panels fabricated and welded in to fix the passenger side headlight bucket.

Remianing floor pan tar removed and floorpan treated where necessary.

Doors stripped of panels, windows etc.

Lots of welds ground.

Lots of beer consumed.

On a side note, I ordered parts over a month ago from AA, PP and RD. The AA parts were the only ones that arrived. Took a month 3 emails and 4 phone calls to find out that PP had no plans to ship my order since they discontiued working with that supplier. Would have been nice for them to let me know. RD won't return phone calls, and no parts are here. Imagine that?

But what a great weekend. Very cool.
jet1
Don't plan on ever getting the parts from RD. Unless you get lucky and get to talk to someone there, then you are wasting your time dealing with them. It's too bad that they can't get their act together. They have good prices and quality parts and would do really well if they were reliable.

Nice to hear about the progress, but someone is going to hit you with the "this thread is worthless without picts" Smilie soon. biggrin.gif
racejoe
Pictures up to this weekend can be seen at www.racejoe.com/Porsche.htm

I have a few pictures from this weekend, need to take a couple more and they will be added. Maybe I will have to figure out how to post some here too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.