Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's this worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
HalfMoon
I have one (and the backpad) but someone wants to buy just the light from me, but I'm not sure what it's worth.
tweet
It all depends on the condition and if the light works.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(tweet @ Jun 23 2018, 10:44 AM) *

It all depends on the condition and if the light works.

Mines working and in "good" used condition.
I see one on Ebay for $25. Is that around what it's worth?
TheCabinetmaker
A pic would really help! Sight unseen, I'd say very little
Mike Fitton
If in good condition no cracks and the chrome trim is good plus good working condition, worth $125 - $150. Does it have the "Hella", "VW" logos and "Made in Germany"?
Tom_T
It also depends on if it has the "early" white button & silver rim around the edge of the lens (painted on back) - which are worth much more than the later plain clear lens & black button late variety.

Original West German Hella black button ones in excellent condition might be in the $25-35+/- range, while the early white button with silver rim West German Hella might easily exceed $100 in just good condition, as Mike Fitton said above.

Post some pix of what you've got, so folks can help out.

There is also a topic in the O&H Forum where Dave K. posted pix of the various makes & types of early lights, which will help you ID yours.

You probably should repost the question on what's it worth in the Garage Forum, & then repost the FS ad in here once you have the help with the price.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
burton73
Is it as nice as this early white button?

Bob B
welcome.png Click to view attachment
HalfMoon
Here's a few images.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.